Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assembled a game by printing the board and pieces on full sheet labels and applying to foam-core. Then I allocated 6 orks from Blood Bowl 2nd edition. After cutting off their top helmet spike, these minis are ideally suited to holding a chair or bottle over their head-ready to go into battle. Then, at game night, I sat down with 3 friends to play as a filler game, waiting for others to free up for a more meatier game.

I had prepped by making some nice player aides explaining the two actions rule, or how one can use one action and then use your special skill. I listed all the actions a player could take and had the "Bash" tables and "Pile On" tables for easy reference. I went over the rules, rolled for our skills, the three of us placed out orks on the board and we began.

Anita went first and moved to pick up a chair. Then I moved over to a bottle and picked it up. Our third, Anton, went over to pick up a chair. We were all loaded for bear early.

Anita then moved a couple spaces and threw the chair at Anton. She had a high "bash" roll, knocking Anton down and giving a wound. I then walked up behind her and by bashing her with my bottle-I knocked her down and thusly ended the game.

To say the least-I was disappointed. Game over in about 4 minutes. It took me 4x the length of the actual game to prep the board and explain the rules.

I really want to play this again. I love the theme and how simplistic it is. But I wont play it with less than 5 or 6 next time. I can see how probably 8 would be even better-although thats a pretty small board to gather that many people around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Grischuk
Germany
flag msg tools
Hope this helps: the game is only over when all orks except one are out of wounds! Orks whos knocked down can stand up on their next turn and go on playing. My first game (with 5 players) took 10 minutes of preparing and explaining and then some 30-40 minutes of play. It was very fun and pretty close in the end, with some of the unconscious orks standing up again (they may do so if they roll a 6 on their turn, but they get only one wound back) and jumping back into battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.