$10.00
Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

New England, USA» Forums » General

Subject: Gaming Groups/Clubs in New England rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm self semi-obsoleting this thread and replacing it with the wiki page

Gaming Groups in New England - USA

if anyone has any new ones to add, edit, etc just go to the wiki and click on "edit"

**************************************

A few (bgg) guilds have been created as of this writing, see

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/group/United+Sta...

Salem (MA) Gaming Group
SNEW (Southern New England Wargamers)
The Greater Boston (MA) Grogs

And all of us should know the uber group Unity Games that includes at least the following groups:

MVGA, meets Thursday Evenings in Holliston, MA

FRAGS (Framingham [MA] Gamers Society), Thursday Evenings

Danger Planet Open Gaming, Thursday Evenings in Waltham, MA
(currently closed, see Steven's post)

South Shore Gamers, Monday Evenings in Walpole, MA

MIT Games Society, Friday Evenings in Cambridge, MA

Phoenix Games Board/Card Game Night, Saturday's 6-10pm in Sunderland, MA

Pandemonium Gaming, every other Wednesday 6:30-11pm in Cambridge, MA

WMASS (Western Mass), Sundays 2-11:30pm, Holyoke / Springfield / Northampton

CBGBs, alternating Wednesdays 5-11pm in Concord, NH

6am Gamers, alternating Friday Evenings in Exeter, NH
(Exeter I believe is no longer, but Eric sometimes hosts in Concord)

Suburban Outcast Gamers (SOG), Monday Evenings, usually in Westford MA but sometimes in Nashua NH, Andover MA, etc

Greater Nashua Boardgamers Meetup
Killarny's, Nashua, NH
http://boardgames.meetup.com/379/
Ususally meets Monday nights 7pm-11pm (though most quit by 10pm) at Killarny's in the Holiday Inn (usually, check the calendar at above link)

Any others in New England?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
GSG (Guy Stuff Gamers) meets Tuesday evenings in Attleboro, MA. However, we will be on hiatus for the month of July.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also more information at the Unity Games of Eastern Mass. wiki entry.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
There is also more information at the Unity Games of Eastern Mass. wiki entry.

Didn't even know that wiki entry existed! Thanks for the pointer!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The comments in the () are my own observations and aren't official.

Connecticut Game Club
Meets the second Sat. of the month in Stratford, CT, and the Fourth Sat. of the month in Middlefield, CT. (at Middlefield Grown-ups, occasionally a child or two, mostly Euros)

Time Machine Hobby Open gaming on Thursday nights (Grown-Ups, mostly Euros and miniatures), Friday Nights (Kids & Teens, mostly CCG), and Sunday Afternoons (Mixed ages, mostly wargames and miniatures).



Edited 3 times because I am a spaz.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a part of Unity Games:

Porter Square Gaming

Open gaming at my house in North Cambridge. Meets Every other Wednesday on alternating days with Pandemonium Gaming.

I just added a guild for it. Now all I have to do is wait until it gets accepted. EDIT: Group is now approved. Yey!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Bethany
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2015: March 13, 14, 15 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now that they're not making members pay geekgold to join a Guild, I've opened one up for Alternate Boardgames - We meet officially on the first Saturday of the month (and occasionally in-between as well).

The Alternate Boardgames group shut down because we outgrew our space! (and we didn't want to have to restrict attendance like the store owners legitimately asked us to do)

Instead we've merged with the old Connecticut Game Club group that met in Middlefield and we now meet at the Levi Coe Library in Middlefield, CT twice a month - the first and fourth Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

We have a yahoo group and will be launching our own website shortly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Csigs wrote:
Well now that they're not making members pay geekgold to join a Guild, I've opened one up for Alternate Boardgames - We meet officially on the first Saturday of the month (and occasionally in-between as well).

For those wondering, that appears to meet in Milford, CT
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Bethany
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2015: March 13, 14, 15 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
details, details ... laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
ubarose wrote:

Time Machine Hobby Open gaming on Thursday nights (Grown-Ups, mostly Euros and miniatures), Friday Nights (Kids & Teens, mostly CCG), and Sunday Afternoons (Mixed ages, mostly wargames and miniatures).


I didn't know the Time Machine had a game night, thats awesome and close to my house. Do you know if it is held downstairs?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
ubarose wrote:

Time Machine Hobby Open gaming on Thursday nights (Grown-Ups, mostly Euros and miniatures), Friday Nights (Kids & Teens, mostly CCG), and Sunday Afternoons (Mixed ages, mostly wargames and miniatures).


I didn't know the Time Machine had a game night, thats awesome and close to my house. Do you know if it is held downstairs?


As a matter of fact, I just went to Time Machine's game night last night. Yes, it is held downstairs. It went from 6-10pm. There were about 8 board gamers. I believe that the games that were played were: TransAmerica, Antike, Torres, Alhambra, and something else that I can't remember. We had to share the room with the Miniature players, so it was a bit loud.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's up with the overwhelming bias towards MA groups?

Let's get some variety, people!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
ubarose wrote:
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
ubarose wrote:

Time Machine Hobby Open gaming on Thursday nights (Grown-Ups, mostly Euros and miniatures), Friday Nights (Kids & Teens, mostly CCG), and Sunday Afternoons (Mixed ages, mostly wargames and miniatures).


I didn't know the Time Machine had a game night, thats awesome and close to my house. Do you know if it is held downstairs?


As a matter of fact, I just went to Time Machine's game night last night. Yes, it is held downstairs. It went from 6-10pm. There were about 8 board gamers. I believe that the games that were played were: TransAmerica, Antike, Torres, Alhambra, and something else that I can't remember. We had to share the room with the Miniature players, so it was a bit loud.


I never realized how big that store was until last month.
I'm definitely stopping by there the next Thursday I'm home. Is it BYO board games or can you play with theirs?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
ubarose wrote:
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
ubarose wrote:

Time Machine Hobby Open gaming on Thursday nights (Grown-Ups, mostly Euros and miniatures), Friday Nights (Kids & Teens, mostly CCG), and Sunday Afternoons (Mixed ages, mostly wargames and miniatures).


I didn't know the Time Machine had a game night, thats awesome and close to my house. Do you know if it is held downstairs?


As a matter of fact, I just went to Time Machine's game night last night. Yes, it is held downstairs. It went from 6-10pm. There were about 8 board gamers. I believe that the games that were played were: TransAmerica, Antike, Torres, Alhambra, and something else that I can't remember. We had to share the room with the Miniature players, so it was a bit loud.


I never realized how big that store was until last month.
I'm definitely stopping by there the next Thursday I'm home. Is it BYO board games or can you play with theirs?


It's BYO games.

Yes, it's a really big store. This past month, they have been re-doing the lay out. It's been like an archeological dig. They have uncovered all kinds of old, out of print stuff that was shoved away under and behind other stuff. I keep hoping they will discover some old AH or Eon stuff. Have you ever been there when the train room was open and running? It's very cool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
ubarose wrote:
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
ubarose wrote:
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
ubarose wrote:

Time Machine Hobby Open gaming on Thursday nights (Grown-Ups, mostly Euros and miniatures), Friday Nights (Kids & Teens, mostly CCG), and Sunday Afternoons (Mixed ages, mostly wargames and miniatures).


I didn't know the Time Machine had a game night, thats awesome and close to my house. Do you know if it is held downstairs?


As a matter of fact, I just went to Time Machine's game night last night. Yes, it is held downstairs. It went from 6-10pm. There were about 8 board gamers. I believe that the games that were played were: TransAmerica, Antike, Torres, Alhambra, and something else that I can't remember. We had to share the room with the Miniature players, so it was a bit loud.


I never realized how big that store was until last month.
I'm definitely stopping by there the next Thursday I'm home. Is it BYO board games or can you play with theirs?


It's BYO games.

Yes, it's a really big store. This past month, they have been re-doing the lay out. It's been like an archeological dig. They have uncovered all kinds of old, out of print stuff that was shoved away under and behind other stuff. I keep hoping they will discover some old AH or Eon stuff. Have you ever been there when the train room was open and running? It's very cool.


Nope. I went there for the first time this past May even though I've lived in the area and heard of the place for many years. Its like the people who live next to the grand canyon and never go see it, only geekier. I'm sure it was amazing given the amount of train stuff they have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemonium has been happening every wednesday actually.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
Pandemonium has been happening every wednesday actually.

You may want to change the auto reminders on the UG list... they still say every other week
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
There's mine... Sunday 3pm-12am in Holyoke MA

Details here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/172320
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that this is mine:

WMASS (Western Mass), Sundays 2-11:30pm, Holyoke / Springfield / Northampton

We need to come up with a name for this...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
I'm guessing that this is mine:

WMASS (Western Mass), Sundays 2-11:30pm, Holyoke / Springfield / Northampton

We need to come up with a name for this...

Probably, I pulled it off the calender on the UG yahoo group... so if you change the name you may want to update it there too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Rappak wrote:
Pandemonium has been happening every wednesday actually.

You may want to change the auto reminders on the UG list... they still say every other week


Um... How do I do that? I just saw this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Daigle
United States
Wethersfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is also:

NEXUS @ Yale in the basement of William Harkness Hall on College St in New Haven. Runs from 8pm - midnight on Tuesdays.

ConnectiCon MAD's run the 2nd Saturday of each month from 10am - 10pm.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one
Greater Nashua Boardgamers Meetup
Borders Bookstore, (South) Nashua, NH
http://boardgames.meetup.com/379/

Ususally meets Monday nights 7pm-11pm (though most quit by 10pm) (update: Borders now closes at 10pm promptly!) at the Borders Bookstore (usually, check the calendar at above link)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play games at World's Apart, in Amherst, MA on Sundays and Tuesdays. Sundays run from about 5pm to midnight, and Tuesdays from 6pm to midnight. Tuesdays tend to be the heavier games, while Sunday is usually lighter fare. We're also having a luck-free games night on June 13 - Friday the 13th - at 6pm.

http://www.worldsapartgames.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bass
United States
Sharon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Danger Planet closed at the end of April. There was talk of setting up a new storefront somewhere. I haven't heard that this has occurred yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.