Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, I began searching for games that can be played on a chess/checker board when I came across Complica. Technically, this is played one row less than half a checker board(4x7), but it is playable.

Anyway, the game is essentially like Connect Four, but there can be no draws. You play in four columns of 7 spaces. If a column fills up a piece played in that row slides everything down and kicks the bottom piece out. The goal is the same as Connect Four, get four in a row in any direction. In the case that sliding one of the columns results in four in a row for both players, the game continues. However, if one player has two rows of four and the other only one, the player with two rows wins.

I can't comment on the components since I have only played at http://superdupergames.org.

While this is a short review the game is relatively straight forward. This is a game that must be tried for an fan of Connect Four or short abstracts in general. This is a great game that can be played in ten minutes or less for players of any age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a point of correction, there can be draws if an endless cycle is set up. In about 50 games I've seen it once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.