Popular Tags: newzealand [+] christchurch [+] [View All]
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's a quick run down of the current gaming opportunities in Christchurch:

My Place - Weekly on Wednesdays
(Please private message me for address and contact details!)

Gaming starts around 7:00PM. We have had three tables going at our last get together.

Thanks,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go Take A Hike
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Where's the beef?!
badge
I don't think anybody's back there.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbrice wrote:

Jake's Place - Monthly on Fridays, Quaterly on Saturdays
(Contact Jake for further details.)

A very friendly bunch, who welcome new players.

My family spent a couple of days at Jake's house in the middle of last December. He and Ali and all the kids were great fun to be around. We brought a copy of Manila (Punts on the Avon made me think of bringing that game) along as a gift and were soundly crushed...but in a good way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played Manila with Jake and Ali! My wife liked it so much she insisted that we buy a copy of our own.

So I guess we have you to thank for Manila, Matthew!

Where are you located currently, Matthew?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go Take A Hike
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Where's the beef?!
badge
I don't think anybody's back there.
mbmbmbmbmb
We live in Columbus Ohio, USA. We spent a month in NZ last December. We loved every minute of it and we are really looking forward to returning in the next year or so for another holiday.

Glad you enjoyed Manila. Now go over there and win one for us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We met at Jake's Place this Friday evening, and I played a rather long game of Power Grid with Beryl, Rainer, Gavin, Tim, and Russell. Thanks to all who participated, and thanks to Jake and Ali for hosting us.

JB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a reminder to those interested, there will be a games evening TONIGHT at my place. Private message me if you need address details.

Additionally, we'll be holding an all-day gaming bonanza on Saturday the 11th, starting at 2PM through 'til late. Again, PM me for details.

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who came along last night. A small group, but with a lot of passion! An especially big welcome to Pagan Hayes, who was a first timer with us.

We are running a special one-off session this Saturday start at 2:00 PM. PM me for details.

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Saturday's game marathon was a blast - starting at 2 PM we had a steady flow of gamers. New faces to our sessions included Raina and Gavin, Liz and Warren, and Kate. Thanks to you all... see you on Wednesday, usual time and place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Last night's session was moderately well attended, giving an opportunity to have two games running at the same time. We played: Samurai, Pirate's Cove, Shadows Over Camelot, and Tongiaki.

Thanks to all who attended.

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran Searle
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
jasonbrice wrote:

Current games played include: Alhambra, Alhambra: The City Gates, Alhambra: The Treasure Chamber, Alhambra: The Vizier's Favor, Alhambra: Thief's Turn, Amun-Re, Aquädukt, Arkham Horror, BattleLore, BattleLore: Call to Arms, Blue Moon City, Bootleggers, Carcassonne, Carcassonne - Inns & Cathedrals, Carcassonne - King & Scout, Carcassonne - The Count of Carcassonne, Carcassonne - The Mini Expansion, Carcassonne - The Princess & the Dragon, Carcassonne - The River, Carcassonne - The River II, Carcassonne - The Tower, Carcassonne - Traders & Builders, Caylus, Cities and Knights of Catan, Cities and Knights of Catan 5-6 Player Expansion, Cleopatra and the Society of Architects, Colosseum, Dead Man's Treasure, El Grande, Goa, Hansa, HeroQuest, HeroQuest - Against the Ogre Horde, Hollywood Blockbuster, Manila, Medici, Memoir '44, Metro, Mexica, Modern Art, New England, Notre Dame, Oxford - the Great Oxford Game of the English Language, Pirate's Cove, Power Grid, Power Grid - Benelux/Central Europe, Power Grid - Italy/France, Princes of Florence, Puerto Rico, Ra, Reef Encounter, Risk, Samurai, San Juan, Scrabble, Seafarers of Catan, Settlers of Catan - Event Cards, Settlers of Catan - The Fishermen of Catan, Settlers of Catan - The Great River, Settlers of Catan, Settlers of Catan 5-6 Player Expansion, Space Crusade, Taj Mahal, Talisman (2nd Edition) plus some expansions, Through the Desert, Thurn and Taxis, Thurn and Taxis: Power and Glory, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride: Märklin Edition, Tigris & Euphrates, Tikal, Tongiaki

Hi I'm living in Christchurch and I'm wondering where you can purchase some of these games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ciaran,

If you drop me an email, I can send you a price list. I'm in the middle of setting up an online store (http://www.boarders.co.nz) by I haven't finished the site yet.

Are you interested in coming along to play games on Wednesday evening?

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a quick reminder that, after a hiatus of a week, we're back on again this Wednesday for games at my place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's a reminder to let everyone know that we're still going strong every Wednesdays in the Garden City, and that we welcome new players. Hope to see you soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

We're having games tonight, and you're welcome to come along. I'll send you my phone number via PM, and you can TXT me, and I'll TXT back with details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We're having a break from gaming at my place this Wednesday (Dec 5th), but we're back up and running again for the 12th and 19th.

On December 26th, we're holding an all-day session, with a BBQ running and a few drinks on offer. This'll be a great opportunity to bring along the new games you've received for Christmas.

Please let me know ahead of time if you're interested in participating in the Decmber 26 event as we need to plan for numbers and make sure there are sufficient seats and tables.

Thanks,
JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's a reminder for everyone in this neck of the woods; we're still running most every Wednesday evening and the occasional Staurday afternoon. PM me if you want further details!

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, come.
Fun times if you like to play board games. And if you don't, why are you here?
It's a very welcoming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,
I live in chch and have started getting into board games. At the moment I play tikal with my and space hulk with the one other gamer I know. Do you think anyone who comes to your games evenings would be interested in playing space hulk (1st edition).

Cheers,
Jesse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Jesse,

I have never played Space Hulk, but would be interested. I can think of another couple of guys that would give it a go, as well. I see Space Hulk plays 2 - 4, so we'd easily fill a game.

We're actually going to be playing some Battlelore on Monday (special holiday event!), so if you want to see how that goes, let me know. Our regular Wednesday night group is going this week, too.

You and your friend would be more than welcome at either.

I'll PM you my cell number.

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jessie,

I am a regular at Jason's on Wednesdays and will be at the Easter Monday BattleLore day.

I have Space Crusade but am not familar with Space Hulk, are they similar?

I would be interested to have a look as long as you are willing to teach.

I have also seen Blood Bowl for sale recently and am looking into that. Do you know anything about it?

Jason has a copy of Tikal and I have enjoyed playing it though I can't remember ever having won.

If you have a look at mine and Jason's collections you can see we have lots of different games to try.

Cheers
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,
Space hulk is a little like space crusade crossed with tikal. It is a very tense game based around action points. It can be learned very quickly and I am happy to teach people how to play. I also have a couple of sets so that if a 3 - 4 people wanted to learn how to play then I can set up a couple of games so no one is just sitting around.

I am happy to hear you mention bloodbowl! I have a set and love the game but don't have anyone to play against. I have a human team, two ork teams, most of a goblin team (still under construction), and a skaven team. If you download the living rule book turf edition from the geek then you have the best version of the rule book. I am really keen to have a few games of this and if you don't mind waiting a month as I am flat out with work for the next month then maybe we can arrange a time to meet up and have a game.

Cheers,
Jesse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Jesse,

I Pmed you my cell number. Come along on Wednesday and meet the crew.

JB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I got your text. I am working wednesday evenings at the moment so i will call you when I can get some time off.

Jesse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does Saturday work any better for you? We may have a Saturday gaming session coming up in the next month, pending availability of some folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
*BUMP*

Just a reminder to everyone that Wednesday evenings are still going strong.

We have had a bunch of new gamers in recent weeks, so Settlers, Carcassonne, and Alhambra have hit the table often lately. We even had a bona fide Hollywood writer join in for a session. Yes, you'll meet all the stars at Jason and Beryl's Wednesday night gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.