Subject: Gaming in Christchurch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newzealand [+] christchurch [+] [View All]
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I see FFG have released news of a BattleLore Army Box. Only Goblins at this stage but a step in the right direction. It also includes cards for Call to Arms.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=1201

If this keeps up we might have to have a regular BattleLore slot.

I bags any undead/chaos/beast type armies.zombie

Cheers
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the Game Club thread I read the Uni SAGA club are having a MiniCon run over the weekend of 10-11 April..

http://www.saga.org.nz/minicon-2010

$5 to join SAGA and $5 for the weekend con.

10th is the start of the League season but that evening and/or Sunday could be a go.

Might be a good chance to get those long games in we never have time for.

Cheers
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyG wrote:

On the Game Club thread I read the Uni SAGA club are having a MiniCon run over the weekend of 10-11 April..

10th is the start of the League season but that evening and/or Sunday could be a go.

Cheers
John

I will be there both days. You should come down and teach me to play twilight struggle or battlestations if no one books in to play the squad leader games I will be running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyG wrote:

Cheers
John

Sadly I'm in Wellington from Friday through to Sunday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JohnnyG wrote:

They also run a FB group, which I joined. I'll make a decision whether to go a bit closer to the time.

JB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Booth
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Not sure how/if I missed this thread before, I was looking around for gaming groups in Christchurch some time last year..

Anyway, me and my wife play a variety of board games, from stuff like Tantrix and Polago to Carcassonne and (to a lesser extent due to number of players/wife's interest) Catan.

We'd be interested in meeting up/coming along to a gaming night if that's ok, we don't know many people into gaming and it'd be cool to see/play some different games.

-Martin & Emma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mbnmac wrote:
Not sure how/if I missed this thread before, I was looking around for gaming groups in Christchurch some time last year..

Anyway, me and my wife play a variety of board games, from stuff like Tantrix and Polago to Carcassonne and (to a lesser extent due to number of players/wife's interest) Catan.

We'd be interested in meeting up/coming along to a gaming night if that's ok, we don't know many people into gaming and it'd be cool to see/play some different games.

-Martin & Emma

I'd suggest sending a Geekmail to Jason Brice - he can then contact you and give you details etc. He holds a gaming night pretty much every Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - talk to Jason and if you check your geekmail you'll see I've invited you to a once a month gaming gig at my place.

(anyone interested just geekmail me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal O Suilleabhain
Australia
Bellingen
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'll be travelling in NZ for 2 weeks and will be in Christchurch 1st-5th May during that time. Would like to meet for a game or two if possible. I can meet during the day but will have a fairly disruptive 1 yr old with me, or meet at night when I can let his Mum look after him insead.

Regards

Donal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Donalsligo wrote:
Hi

I'll be travelling in NZ for 2 weeks and will be in Christchurch 1st-5th May during that time. Would like to meet for a game or two if possible. I can meet during the day but will have a fairly disruptive 1 yr old with me, or meet at night when I can let his Mum look after him insead.

Regards

Donal

Hi Donal - no doubt the Christchurch faithful will be keen to have you over! thumbsup

Are you planning to visit the North Island during your travels, too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donalsligo wrote:
Hi

Regards

Donal

Heya Donal
Jason is the man but I'll send you my details

Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Donal,

I just sent you geekmail. It looks like Wednesday 5th of May will work!

Thanks,
Jason

Donalsligo wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Revolution! arrived today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal O Suilleabhain
Australia
Bellingen
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David

Only one brief night in Wellington on my way through unfortunately. Some other time hopefully. (Would like to watch the Phoenix play as well).

Regards

Donal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Donalsligo wrote:
Hi David

Only one brief night in Wellington on my way through unfortunately. Some other time hopefully. (Would like to watch the Phoenix play as well).

Regards

Donal

Well, some other time, we'd be keen to play some games with you!

Wellington is a great town - enjoy the 'Nix! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Akchizar wrote:
SAGA's been mentioned a couple of times - ...

So it's an ongoing or continuing saga?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Gaming in Christchurch was mentioned in the weekend paper - some really good exposure and press :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Willuknight wrote:
Board Gaming in Christchurch was mentioned in the weekend paper - some really good exposure and press

Yep! Where are you based, William?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Christchurch :)

What suburb are you in, if you are still doing your meetings? It's either that or SAGA, but I haven't decided which might be best to dip my toes in. At the moment the only board game my partner and I have played(to death) is Catan (for the win!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, we're on every Wednesday at 7PM. We're in Papanui (I'll PM you the exact address). Our group ranges from 20s through to 50s, and is very social, but competitive at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for a great night, I had a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
New Zealand
Rolleston
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Willuknight wrote:
thanks for a great night, I had a lot of fun!

Ditto from me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Huisman
New Zealand
Kaiapoi
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Hi there,

I'm in Christchurch and would be keen to come along some time. It sounds a lot easier than convincing my wife to play!

I can only really get my friends to play Settlers, and would probably get looks of horror if I ever brought Starcraft out of the wardrobe... so very keen for some board-game geekery.

Cheers,

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

I'm just about to send you a private message with details. We're gaming tonight, so let me know if you can make it.

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to everyone that games at my place this week are moving to Thursday night (12 August). This week only.

Normal Wednesday night games will resume next week, August 18.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.