191 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Gaming in Christchurch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newzealand [+] christchurch [+] [View All]
Chris Cross
msg tools
I would have posted sooner but I'm not a huge fan of Euro's.

Has Dan H brought along Starcaft yet? As I would be very keen to come along for a game of that or anything else of a similar ilk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

Luke set up a guild for Christchurch gamers

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/888

If you have a look at that you can see the list of games the people in the group have.

I enjoy most games but have a preference for American style ones. The main problem is that they take too long to play in one evening.

If you have any requests let us know and I'm sure we can find a group to play.

Cheers
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris
We have games once or twice a month (Fridays) with a bias towards Ameritrash, but do have Eurogames. If you join the guild you'll see some details but our next session is this Friday

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Sorry, no gaming in Papanui tonight as I have to go out of town on short notice, and Beryl picked up a bad cold in Hanmer. Too many germs!

The group should be back on next week, pending Gareth or Antony being available to host.

Thanks,

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbrice wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry, no gaming in Papanui tonight as I have to go out of town on short notice, and Beryl picked up a bad cold in Hanmer. Too many germs!

The group should be back on next week, pending Gareth or Antony being available to host.

Thanks,

Jason

We're on for this Friday night at 8pm if anyone can't go cold Turkey till next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbrice wrote:
...The group should be back on next week, pending Gareth or Antony being available to host...

I can't see me having anything else I would rather do, and it looks like I'll be able to stay as late as I want/am welcome.

Geeklist write-up is 2/3 done, at the latest it should be posted tomorrow. Many details are missing due to my lax note-taking this year. To the point of missing games entirely I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Junta
Martin - squillions
Luke - 2 more than sam
Sam - a respectable total
John - a bit more than rubbish
Blair - rubbish

Sam 279
Ray 259

Palazzo
Martin 68
Adam 48ish
Sam 32

Forbidden Island
team win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
Junta
Martin - squillions
Luke - 2 more than sam
Blair - rubbish

Sam 279
Ray 259

Palazzo
Martin 68
Adam 48ish
Sam 32

Forbidden Island
team win

Thanks Sam, I had only some of that. But who were Blair and Adam? I'd guess one was the guy that showed with Luke and Lydia on the Saturday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Avron wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
Junta
Martin - squillions
Luke - 2 more than sam
Blair - rubbish

Sam 279
Ray 259

Palazzo
Martin 68
Adam 48ish
Sam 32

Forbidden Island
team win

Thanks Sam, I had only some of that. But who were Blair and Adam? I'd guess one was the guy that showed with Luke and Lydia on the Saturday night.

Okay I've stuffed that up - they're the same person (and he reminds me of a guy called Adam I used to work with). The chap with the brightly coloured tee shirts & blong hair, If it's not Blair I don't know. he was a werewolf with John and I and he also played Arkham Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was Dale - John Groen's friend. If I remember rightly he got busted on the first round of that werewolf game because he made some sort of movment in his chair.

I was also wondering who Adam and Blair were, but it now all becomes clear.

Justin was the guy who came with Lydia and Luke. I remember him well because he was a werewolf who got busted in the very first round as well - mind you that was a very confusing one as we had four werewolves - Justin, Antony, me and Peter (who was actually a very confused Seer who thought he was a werewolf). Justin and Lydia also lynched me in the following Werewolf game when I was convinced it was John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
That was Dale - John Groen's friend. If I remember rightly he got busted on the first round of that werewolf game because he made some sort of movment in his chair.

I was also wondering who Adam and Blair were, but it now all becomes clear.

Justin was the guy who came with Lydia and Luke. I remember him well because he was a werewolf who got busted in the very first round as well - mind you that was a very confusing one as we had four werewolves - Justin, Antony, me and Peter (who was actually a very confused Seer who thought he was a werewolf). Justin and Lydia also lynched me in the following Werewolf game when I was convinced it was John.

Ah I knew brothers called Blair and Dale. Sadly it's clear I'm drifting into a world so bound by personal obscure references only i have any hope of working out what I am talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Liken
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Games this week are 7pm as usual at Jason and Beryls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baratheon wrote:

Howdy,
this post caught my eye as I am also a christchurch gamer that is not to fond of euros. What sort of games are you into? If you like wargames or ameritrash then check my collection and shoot me a geekmail if you are keen for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:
Baratheon wrote:

Howdy,
this post caught my eye as I am also a christchurch gamer that is not to fond of euros. What sort of games are you into? If you like wargames or ameritrash then check my collection and shoot me a geekmail if you are keen for a game.

Jason and Beryl span the genres but lean more towards Euros. The group that meet at my place leans more towards Ameritrash, with some Euros, but not wargames. You should join the Christchurch guild - Christchurch (NZ) gamers http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/888 , if you haven't already. That might be a good way to keep up with what is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sam,
I have joined the CHCH game guild but I wasn't aware of the different game tastes of each group (as I thought there was just one group meeting in different places on different dates). My main gaming objective currently is to find local people (or even just a person) who is interested in playing hex and counter or block wargames (classic avalon hill/victory games stuff or more recent GMT/MMP games). So far the search isn't going to well. Christchurch wargamers seem pretty committed to miniature gaming.

I ran some wargame events at the last two SAGA Minicons. They were awesome games (I think i met Gareth Reynolds/Avron at one of these - if the pic in his avatar is him) but both times people chose miniatures over the paper and card alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:
Hi Sam,
I have joined the CHCH game guild but I wasn't aware of the different game tastes of each group (as I thought there was just one group meeting in different places on different dates). My main gaming objective currently is to find local people (or even just a person) who is interested in playing hex and counter or block wargames (classic avalon hill/victory games stuff or more recent GMT/MMP games). So far the search isn't going to well. Christchurch wargamers seem pretty committed to miniature gaming.

I ran some wargame events at the last two SAGA Minicons. They were awesome games (I think i met Gareth Reynolds/Avron at one of these - if the pic in his avatar is him) but both times people chose miniatures over the paper and card alternative.

There are probably some members from the Papanui group that would share your interest. (can't think who). Phred attended a couple of sessions and his passion is Memoir 44 he may be worth emailing.

The closest I get to wargaming is coups in Junta. There are little card chits but it's no where near hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:
(I think i met Gareth Reynolds/Avron at one of these - if the pic in his avatar is him)
You did indeed. What you were playing looked interesting as well, but too long for my tastes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avron wrote:
bolter wrote:
(I think i met Gareth Reynolds/Avron at one of these - if the pic in his avatar is him)
You did indeed. What you were playing looked interesting as well, but too long for my tastes.

That was a game of Gothic. It did take a while to play, maybe four and a half hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

No games tonight in Papanui due to a family bereavement. We're back on track for December 22.

Apologies for the late notice.

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
jasonbrice wrote:
Hi All,

No games tonight in Papanui due to a family bereavement. We're back on track for December 22.

Apologies for the late notice.

Thanks,
Jason

Sorry to hear the news, Jason. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shortall
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Thinking of you and your family at this time. Our sincerest condolences from the Shortall Family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tower Junction Toyworld has 2 copies of Hollywood Blockbuster for $54 each and a copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill for $100. I mention Betrayal as Pixel Park don't have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pickering
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
Tower Junction Toyworld has 2 copies of Hollywood Blockbuster for $54 each and a copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill for $100. I mention Betrayal as Pixel Park don't have it.

Tower Junction Toyworld have 25% off of all board games from 18th - 24th December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
SamNzed wrote:

Givne the likely problem with the tiles, I'd probably wait a few months for "Betrayal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

Givne the likely problem with the tiles, I'd probably wait a few months for "Betrayal".

You're not wrong, my copy has buckled and bent tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.