$10.00
Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
191 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Gaming in Christchurch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newzealand [+] christchurch [+] [View All]
John Massie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

Just registered with BGG after several months of great times.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the group and for teaching me a lot of great games
6 
 Thumb up
30.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_Massie wrote:
Hi everyone

Just registered with BGG after several months of great times.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the group and for teaching me a lot of great games


Hi John - it has been great meeting you this year and learning some new games with you. I see that Age of Empires 3 has already had a couple more plays.

I just came into a ridiculous stack of geekgold. I don't need all of it. You may as well get yourself an avatar.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's very generous of you, Craig. Top marks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Massie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
John_Massie wrote:
Hi everyone

Just registered with BGG after several months of great times.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the group and for teaching me a lot of great games


Hi John - it has been great meeting you this year and learning some new games with you. I see that Age of Empires 3 has already had a couple more plays.

I just came into a ridiculous stack of geekgold. I don't need all of it. You may as well get yourself an avatar.


Wow! Thank you so much!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Howard
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hey there...

I bought a copy of Race for the Galaxy about 2 years ago and tried to play the "race for kids" variant with my 7yr old. After about 10mins of sorting out cards and too many "Wait, What?" moments we gave up and went back to Catan.

Anyone keen on getting together to have a game? I'd like to play it but my brain turns to mush even when I shuffle the cards.

Cheers

Troy
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
coldbricks wrote:
Hey there...

I bought a copy of Race for the Galaxy about 2 years ago and tried to play the "race for kids" variant with my 7yr old. After about 10mins of sorting out cards and too many "Wait, What?" moments we gave up and went back to Catan.

Anyone keen on getting together to have a game? I'd like to play it but my brain turns to mush even when I shuffle the cards.

Cheers

Troy


You want Jason's 'Gamefest' Papanui group!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
coldbricks wrote:
...Anyone keen on getting together to have a game? I'd like to play it but my brain turns to mush even when I shuffle the cards...


You want Jason's 'Gamefest' Papanui group!


Or to try the Keldon AI, downloadable here. It probably won't help a lot if you can't figure out the rules, but you could at least play around and see what sort of things happen.
But Sam is probably right, Jason's group might be the easiest way if you can come along.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, we've managed to find a RftG teaching methodology that works well. Come along and we'll get you up to speed!


Avron wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
coldbricks wrote:
...Anyone keen on getting together to have a game? I'd like to play it but my brain turns to mush even when I shuffle the cards...


You want Jason's 'Gamefest' Papanui group!


Or to try the Keldon AI, downloadable here. It probably won't help a lot if you can't figure out the rules, but you could at least play around and see what sort of things happen.
But Sam is probably right, Jason's group might be the easiest way if you can come along.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb


Anyone interested in a game of Power Struggle tonight?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd been keen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cross
msg tools
bolter wrote:
Baratheon wrote:
I would have posted sooner but I'm not a huge fan of Euro's.


Howdy,
this post caught my eye as I am also a christchurch gamer that is not to fond of euros. What sort of games are you into? If you like wargames or ameritrash then check my collection and shoot me a geekmail if you are keen for a game.


Sorry I've been overseas for a couple months and completely forgot about my previous post. I come from a D&D background, still can't get enough it to be honest, so I prefer fantasy and Sci-Fi settings ie. battlelore, but I'm willing to give anything a shot atleast once. I'll check out your collection now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cross
msg tools
JohnnyG wrote:
Hi Chris,

Luke set up a guild for Christchurch gamers

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/888

If you have a look at that you can see the list of games the people in the group have.

I enjoy most games but have a preference for American style ones. The main problem is that they take too long to play in one evening.

If you have any requests let us know and I'm sure we can find a group to play.

Cheers
John


Looks like there are a couple groups playing next week, I might drop in on one or both of those if that's okay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just FYI, we will not be gaming in Papanui this Wednesday as I will be out of town on business. We're back to normal on Wednesday 16 March.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming in Christchurch update
SAGA is now holding Tuesday and Thursday night gaming in KD7 and KD8 at the Kirkwood Village (map here), located off Kirkwood Ave.
$5 membership is still required to join up but you'll probably be able to attend once (or twice) without signing up to see if you like it. Akchizar is the club president and can possibly answer any questions you might have.

Also, gaming in Papanui on Wednesday nights is still regular and there's a monthly (or so) session in Avonside. Contact Jason or Sam respectively.

Edit: Aug 2011. Yet another change of location, hopefully this one will last for a while.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Toys-models/Board-games-cards/Board...

A 1971 copy of Acquire for sale in NZ! Along with Executive Decision
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For those interested here is a link to the Gamesfest 2011 games played Geeklist.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/74588/gamesfest-2011-in-ha...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA has bookings up until 22 December, Tuesday and Thursday night gaming in KD7 at the Kirkwood Village (map here), located off Kirkwood Ave. From then until some point in March SAGA will not be meeting.

Gaming in Papanui on Wednesday nights is now a fortnightly occurrence, contact Jason. Other Wednesday nights gaming occurs elsewhere but I don't have express permission to give details here.

The sessions that were being organised by Sam are at least somewhat interfered with by the quake.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Avron wrote:


The sessions that were being organised by Sam are at least somewhat interfered with by the quake.


We still have 1 or 2 sessions a month - usually on a Friday night but once a month on a Saturday afternoon.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Doh, almost a year later, did you get betrayal all sorted out?

O and I think you shipped me a lot of geekgold for ana vatar, its on my to-do list, thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Doh, almost a year later, did you get betrayal all sorted out?

O and I think you shipped me a lot of geekgold for ana vatar, its on my to-do list, thanks.


I noted the tiles were bent and a few weeks late via courier replacements arrived so all good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've just arrived in Christchurch with my partner. After seven weeks in the South Pacific we're keen to get some gaming in! What are our chances over this weekend? Any meetups going on? We're just here for a few days before driving south.

Also, what's with the hot weather? I thought it was supposed to be colder in NZ. I was looking forward to wearing a jumper again!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Hi,

I've just arrived in Christchurch with my partner. After seven weeks in the South Pacific we're keen to get some gaming in! What are our chances over this weekend? Any meetups going on? We're just here for a few days before driving south.

Also, what's with the hot weather? I thought it was supposed to be colder in NZ. I was looking forward to wearing a jumper again!


Hi

welcome to tropical Christchurch. I'll send you some numbers of people to try. We'er playing games at 8 tonight at 912 Avonside Dr.... someone else is bound to be able to make space over the weekend.

S
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow. We don't have a car until tomorow afternoon, but then we should be able to get around more easily. In the meantime, if anyone sets up something definite, let me know!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow. We don't have a car until tomorow afternoon, but then we should be able to get around more easily. In the meantime, if anyone sets up something definite, let me know!


Shame; you missed Ankh Morpork, Ticket to Ride and Ninja Burger. I've sent you my numbers and cell numbers for Will, Jason and Luke

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to jump on this thread.

We are in Christchurch for the nights of the 29th and 30th (Tuesday and Wednesday). Are there any groups meeting those nights?

Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.