Subject: Gaming in Christchurch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newzealand [+] christchurch [+] [View All]
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
archivists wrote:
Just to jump on this thread.

We are in Christchurch for the nights of the 29th and 30th (Tuesday and Wednesday). Are there any groups meeting those nights?

Cheers

There's always a Wednesday group (see our guild - Christchurch (NZ) Gamers) and the University Group meet Tues and Thurs I think but they stop sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
There's always a Wednesday group (see our guild - Christchurch (NZ) Gamers) and the University Group meet Tues and Thurs I think but they stop sometime soon.
The Uni group will be meeting this coming Tuesday night. 1800-2200 in KD7 at the Kirkwood Village on Kirkwood Ave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see London on Board on tour is continuing. Rich and Walt, are you deliberately following each other around? James Honeyfield from LoB is currently returning to his home in NZ via South Asia too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Glad to see London on Board on tour is continuing. Rich and Walt, are you deliberately following each other around? James Honeyfield from LoB is currently returning to his home in NZ via South Asia too.

Woodnoggin, Rich and Kate, just left, after playing Nuns on the Run and Discworld: Ankh-Morpork.

I'm hoping to hear from James who put me onto Kraków 1325 AD as well!

Great to get a step closer to people who know people I've met online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:

Woodnoggin, Rich and Kate, just left, after playing Nuns on the Run and Discworld: Ankh-Morpork.

Thanks for having us, we had a great time!

LoB on tour: We're not deliberately following Walt around the world, but our itineraries overlap a bit, so it's been good to meet up when we can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:

Thanks for having us, we had a great time!

LoB on tour: We're not deliberately following Walt around the world, but our itineraries overlap a bit, so it's been good to meet up when we can.

I really enjoyed meeting you both as well AND we got Nicky to play which is an achievement.
When you get to top of the South we can introduce you to Tony, Nichole and Moana - gamers in Picton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks both, will try to make the Wednesday night.

SamNzed wrote:
archivists wrote:

We are in Christchurch for the nights of the 29th and 30th (Tuesday and Wednesday). Are there any groups meeting those nights?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:

We've been taking a slow but direct route, while Rich +K have been hopping all over the place covering much more ground much more quickly. Occasionally our two time-streams merge and we get to play Agricola- which Rich wins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We've just come from Picton but didn't find any boardgamers - you don't happen to know anyone in Kaikoura?

SamNzed wrote:

I really enjoyed meeting you both as well AND we got Nicky to play which is an achievement.
When you get to top of the South we can introduce you to Tony, Nichole and Moana - gamers in Picton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
archivists wrote:
We've just come from Picton but didn't find any boardgamers - you don't happen to know anyone in Kaikoura?

SamNzed wrote:

That's a real shame: Tony lives in Picton and usually gets to play once a year when we go to Hanmer. I think in Kaikoura all you'll find is Monopoly enthusiasts.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A general FYI.
Borders (at Westfield Mall) is having a sale at the moment, mostly that's a lot of books, but there is also 25% off the price of games and toys. Mostly games that aren't likely to be of interest to those reading this but there are some good games in the lot.
Specific games I remember include 7 Wonders (now $67.50), Dominion (base only?), Beyond Balderdash, Ticket to Ride: Europe and potentially Hey, That's My Fish! (I might have got the last copy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Sam, Jason, Martin and Anthony and the rest of the Christchurch gamers for the games and hospitality

Cheers all

Walt

SamNzed wrote:
archivists wrote:

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We also tend to have gaming nights every Monday night at my place in Riccarton, for the future reference of anyone interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA (http://www.saga.org.nz/) will start holding meetings again from Feb 28. Tuesday and Thursday nights between 1800 and 2200 in Kirkwood Village, KH07 and KH08.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Willuknight wrote:
We also tend to have gaming nights every Monday night at my place in Riccarton, for the future reference of anyone interested.

You should put that in the Guild calendar

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/888
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reminder that SAGA (http://www.saga.org.nz) is starting up again this coming Tuesday evening. Both the Tuesday and Thursday evenings will be "Introductory" sessions to allow those new to the club a chance to know what sort of games get played.
There will also be a call for RPG players (and maybe GMs). One-shot sessions of various systems will likely occur, including a Fiasco game.
Due to the elected Quartermaster vacating the city there will be a short (less than 30 minute) SGM near the start of the Tuesday meeting to vote in a new Quartermaster for 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
New Zealand
Rolleston
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can one reasonably park if one was to come to Saga meeting?

If one parks in a University car park is one's vehicle going to be ticketted or towed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirkwood Village is on what was the Kirkwood Oval (Google Maps haven't updated the satellite images yet) beside Kirkwood Ave. http://maps.canterbury.ac.nz/home/browse/1635
By the time the sessions begin it seems that most of the cars parked on the streets through the day have left so that may be the simplest place. Checking of the cars in the Rec Centre Car Park may be lax by that time of the evening, but probably does still take place. Vehicles parked in Uni car parks without appropriate stickers in the windows will likely be ticketed, towed, or clamped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA (www.saga.org.nz) has announced Mini-Con, to be held the weekend of April 21-22.
Location is KC06 and KC07 in the Kirkwood Village (http://maps.canterbury.ac.nz/home/browse/1629)
For those of you that use FaceBook there is an event page set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to Easter shutting down the University next Tuesday, that night we don't have access to the normal room. Please don't decide to finally come along for the first time on April 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA_Christchurch wrote:
SAGA (www.saga.org.nz) has announced Mini-Con, to be held the weekend of April 21-22.
Location is KC06 and KC07 in the Kirkwood Village (http://maps.canterbury.ac.nz/home/browse/1629)
For those of you that use FaceBook there is an event page set up.
Mini-Con is this weekend people, come along and join us for boardgames, RPG one-offs and maybe even Wargaming. 1000-1700 each day.

Also, Buckets of Dice 2012 will be taking place over the three days of Queens Birthday Weekend at the Christchurch College of Education. More information can be found at the Saga website and at least one additional reminder will be posted here after signups/registration goes live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Newcombe
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis & Allies Global over Queens birthday weekend
Hey, looking for a few more players if anyone's interested:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9120869#9120869
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Buckets of Dice less than three weeks away.
Buckets of Dice registrations are open. More details at the www.saga.org.nz website, specifically on this page.
If you happen to be a SAGA member and pre-register you'll get a $5 discount on the $20 entire weekend cost. You don't have to be a SAGA member to register however.
You can sign up to SAGA if you come to the Tuesday or Thursday night meetings (1800-2200) at the Kirkwood Village, typically room KH07 (http://maps.canterbury.ac.nz/home/browse/1635)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-registrations for Buckets of Dice are now closed. It will still be possible to sign up on the day(s) however.
Doors will open at about 0900 on Saturday and Sunday, and 1000 on Monday. Apart from the LARP and Grand-Strat each night will be finishing around 1900.

To find us on the day http://maps.canterbury.ac.nz/home/browse/1264 should provide enough direction. Car Park 3 will likely be the best spot for parking if you drive.

Some of the older, least used, club assets will be auctioned off on the Sunday evening, possibly about half a dozen each from the RPGs and Board Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances Brussee
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hey,

I'm looking for a group in Christchurch that welcomes new players Preferably weekday evening(s), not too early since I have a 21-month old to get into bed first Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frances
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.