Subject: Gaming in Christchurch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newzealand [+] christchurch [+] [View All]
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Frances1983 wrote:
Hey,

I'm looking for a group in Christchurch that welcomes new players Preferably weekday evening(s), not too early since I have a 21-month old to get into bed first Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frances

Hiya Frances!

We don't tend to have a focus on ourselves as being co-ordinated and building board gaming, but more on our individual games groups(which is a shame I think).

There are groups on Monday, tues, weds, thurs and once a month on Fridays. The most open are the 2 SAGA (uni) groups on Tuesday and Thursday. The others you need to talk to the person running it. For Mondays
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
for Wednesdays
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
(held in harewood and alternating with Halswell) for Fridays there is me.
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
, and a guy called Phil has another one, and a third one may be in recess thanks to earthquakes. There is this, which is worth joining, Christchurch (NZ) Gamers.

My next session is the 20th, I'll geek mail you details!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances Brussee
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Wow, you're fast! Fridays sound good to me, looking forward to the e-mail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upcoming Gaming events in Christchurch
Mini-Con 2 is on it's way. Current expectation is August 18-19 in the Kirkwood Village again, but nothing is certain yet. Accurate details will be posted in the next couple of weeks once things are finalised.

The final weekend of September will be the 2012 SAN-Con. Last year there was a room with half a dozen board game tables, we hope to have more this year. Many of the SAGA board game assets will be available as will games owned by club members and any you might choose to bring along.
The Game Depository will have a stall during the 3 hour Market between 1100 and 1400 on the Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
If anyone is around I'm looking at getting some gaming in over the next couple of days. Is there anything happening this week? I think I'm too late to get to Jake's from central Christchurch. Unless someone is reading this and is driving from central Christchurch, wants to give me a lift and has not yet left...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jugular wrote:
If anyone is around I'm looking at getting some gaming in over the next couple of days. Is there anything happening this week? I think I'm too late to get to Jake's from central Christchurch. Unless someone is reading this and is driving from central Christchurch, wants to give me a lift and has not yet left...

Ah it's Luke's in Halswell, yes a bit late.

SAGA meets tomorrow night, but I'd be happy to see if we can get a few people over here on Friday

I've sent you my phone numbers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA is meeting tomorrow night (tonight?). Thursdays do tend to be a little smaller in numbers but we usually have enough for a couple of games at a time.
http://maps.canterbury.ac.nz/home/browse/1635 which may not be entirely helpful unless you zoom out. 1800-2200 although end time is a little bit uncertain depending on what's being played at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA_Christchurch wrote:
Mini-Con 2 is on it's way. Current expectation is August 18-19 in the Kirkwood Village again, but nothing is certain yet. Accurate details will be posted in the next couple of weeks once things are finalised.

The final weekend of September will be the 2012 SAN-Con
Mini-Con 2 has been scheduled for the weekend of 18-19 August. Between 0900 and 1700 each day. Kirkwood Village, KH07, map here. Facebook event page

SAN-Con continues to have more stuff added weekly, registrations went live a day or two ago. There is a Polarity tournament, with first place prize being your own copy of the game, kindly donated by The Game Depository.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SAGA sessions will be starting at 1830 from now on, exams are taking precedence in the rooms we have booked.
As such please don't show up before then as there may be exams in progress.
Bookings end mid November with our last day being November 15. Next years startup will be approximately the end of February 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Van Atta
New Zealand
Christchurch
Alaska
flag msg tools
I am open to meeting new people and playing some games.

I own Agricola, Puerto Rico and Settlers/seafarers.

Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewv wrote:
I am open to meeting new people and playing some games.

I own Agricola, Puerto Rico and Settlers/seafarers.

Matthew

Nice to meet you Matthew, you might want to join this guild Christchurch (NZ) Gamers

I have games minimum of once a month on a Friday with a few Weekend days thrown in. In the new year they will be fortnightly on a Thursday.
There is Jason/Luke/Saffron who share a group on Wednesdays and it's every week.

SAGA at the uni meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
There are 4 other groups I know of. I'd suggest coming along to a few gatherings and going from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saga Incorporated
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
SAGA at the uni meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
SAGA will not be meeting again until the end of February, perhaps the start of March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Van Atta
New Zealand
Christchurch
Alaska
flag msg tools
I am amazed at how much things slow down for the holidays! I will be around when things start back up as well.

In the meantime...if anyone wants to have a beer and a game of chess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ki Mansell
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,

My name is Ki. My girlfriend (Ivy) and I enjoy gaming and game with another couple every couple of weeks. I'd be interested in gaming a bit more so I'm looking for other gaming nights that are open to new players joining.

We have a bunch of games we can bring along if requested; Dixit Journey, Apples to Apples, Castle Panic, Munchkin Deluxe, Power Grid, Catan + Cities & Knights, Loot, Kingdom Quest, Thurn and Taxis, A La Carte, Carcassonne, Dragon Delta, Forbidden Island, Zombie Dice, Alhambra, 7 Wonders and Survive: Escape.

Ki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
whataboutki wrote:
Hello everyone,

My name is Ki. My girlfriend (Ivy) and I enjoy gaming and game with another couple every couple of weeks. I'd be interested in gaming a bit more so I'm looking for other gaming nights that are open to new players joining.

We have a bunch of games we can bring along if requested; Dixit Journey, Apples to Apples, Castle Panic, Munchkin Deluxe, Power Grid, Catan + Cities & Knights, Loot, Kingdom Quest, Thurn and Taxis, A La Carte, Carcassonne, Dragon Delta, Forbidden Island, Zombie Dice, Alhambra, 7 Wonders and Survive: Escape.

Ki

Ki there are several active groups that welcome newcomers, and a lot of games in different collections.

The Wednesday groups meet in 3 different locations talk to
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tuesday and Thursday is the university groups, John is the president but i can't remember his BGG name so contact
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a Friday group with occasional weekend meetings and we're about to expand to Thursdays. For this and the first set of groups Facebook is the contact and also we have a Meetup Group. http://www.meetup.com/Christchurch-Board-and-Card-Games/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Chchboardgames/
So look for Sam Fisher on Facebook.

Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.