1 Posts

Pyramidos» Forums » General

Subject: Game Description & Mini-Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
My most recent "experimental" Haba purchase turns out to be a bit-o-licious box of fluffy goodness. Pyramidos has a raised board (like Piratenbilliards) and involves flicking wooden marbles around the board from beneath (again, like Piratenbilliards).

The "theme" is that we're building pyramids & you must get your supplies down the river without them being eaten by crocodiles! The river is created by a second layer board (like Haba's Horchst Verdachtig), peppered with marble-sized holes. On your turn, flick one of your marbles as many times as you want until one of the turn-ending conditions happen.

Going off the board ends your turn. Along one edge are "shore" holes... if your marble lands there, your turn is over. The river also has crocodile holes (large enough to swallow a marble)... if your marble goes in one of these, your turn is over as well. There's a net beneath the board to keep you from chasing marbles everywhere. (There's one esp. large crocodile hole close to the goal.) Finally, the "end" of the C-shaped river is the building site, which has a series of "shore" holes surrounding 4 pyramid site

The objective is to get your marbles into the building sites... every marble on the first level is worth one point. The fifth "building site" is on top of the 4 first level marbles (forming a mini-pyramid) and is worth 2
points. (There is no tie-breaker.)

There is a large marble which fits in the "mouth" of the crocodiles... at the beginning of your turn, you may move this marble to block one croc! (The advanced game is simply leaving this marble in the box.)

Like any flicking game, experience is key. The nature of the holes/marble size means that marbles can spin off holes and go whizzing in directions you don't anticipate.

I, of course, enjoy the game a great deal. My 2.5 yr old likes playing with it, but he doesn't really understand what he's doing. I think it might frustrate kids who understand the objective but can't achieve it. Not surprisingly, it got good reviews from the adult gamers who played it as a late night game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.