Subject: Longest Path Questionj rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rahm Blizbozin
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anybody figured out what it means to have the Longest Continous Path? The illustration on the card shows only the simplest of examples. I assume it works like the longest road in Settlers. That is, branches don't count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Longest Path Questionj
Aardvark (#32698),
yes this is correct. Branches don't count. Loops are authorized (ie the path can go through the same city more than once) but you cannot count a same train twice.
eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Dontknow
Belgium
flag msg tools

Sorry to bump this old topic, but the other day I was playing TTR Europe with some friends, and they have a different take on "the longest path" than I always did. So I'm just wondering who's right:

I always knew a train station could be used to "borrow" someone's track in order to finish your assignment, but is it also allowed to "borrow" someone else's trains and count them as your own for the longest path? In the Dutch manual, it's debateable. All it says is the longest path is the longest uninterrupted route, but then again, that's where stations come in (right?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only count your own trains for longest path. Ignore stations when calculating longest path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not included in determining the longest path. On page 7 of the English rulebook, it states "stations, and opponents routes they may provide access to, do NOT count for the purpose of computing paths and claiming the longest route."

Clear as day, at least in the English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superfly2900 wrote:

I always knew a train station could be used to "borrow" someone's track in order to finish your assignment, but is it also allowed to "borrow" someone else's trains and count them as your own for the longest path? In the Dutch manual, it's debateable. All it says is the longest path is the longest uninterrupted route, but then again, that's where stations come in (right?).

If I remember this right, the English rules of TTR:E specifically mentions that stations are for completing tickets only and are not used when calculating the longest path bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.