Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason M. Brown
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cube Farm is another tile laying game in the Hip Pocket range from Cheapass. It seems that almost every other game in the Hip Pocket range involves laying tiles in one way or another, which is excusable given that the Hip Pocket range consist of sets of cards with minimal amounts of additional components required - I guess there aren't that many genres that can be applied to custom sets of cards! Cube Farm differs from the rest in that the score does not become apparent or final until the last card is laid and the layout scored - whereas most of the Hip Pocket titles allow for strategic thinking and steady progress, it seems all too easy for opponents to create problems for a well laid plan right at the end of the game.

Players take turns laying cards in order to create an office in which their employees have easy access to the good stuff (such as water coolers) but can't get to or are really far away from the bad stuff (such as the Vice President). Once a card is laid, an employee is also added - with the player attempting to place him/her somewhere that isn't going to end up changing too much.

It's an okay game but there are far better alternatives that are a little more abstract (even in the same range) - Agora and Nexus are probably the best tile-layers in the Hip Pocket range and are far more satisfying to play than Cube Farm. Fans of the range or tile-laying games in general should enjoy Cube Farm, but I must admit that it left me a little cold. Average.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.