Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gordon
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was late and we had just finished a game of Railroad Tycoon. There were still some beers to finish off. It was late, but not late enough so we decided on playing a quick filler. Hmmmm, I mused over my collection for something quick to explain and to play. Okay let's try Inka.
"So you can also use your action points to slide these pieces as so"
Okay.
"Or you can pivot them as so"
Hmmm.
"And these places are a kind of teleport where you can pay to jump to another one".
!!#@%!!
"Let's just start shall we?"
It's a short and analytical game. It is not so easy to write a session report on an abstract game such as this one. The game is a little prone to AP if not careful, we ended up helping one another out a bit with suggestions. Everyone pretty well raced for the middle as best they could. Some treasure tiles were moved and about half way through the game one of these was still full as the others were rapidly emptying. Jim managed to get onto this piece but was slid up against the exterior wall and numerous blocking pieces appeared all around. This was an uncomfortable position but saveable.
A little later with all treasures Jim was trying to exit via a teleport and a snake crossing but was out of AP. Then I saw it, "Hey, you can move like this...." There was a long circuitous route to an exit free of obstacles. "Oh, well, I guess you won then, well done".
I think considering the late hour we were after something a bit lighter (and considering the beers consumed). In any case at the game end the others had 3, 2 and 2 treasures in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorena Gordon
Australia
flag msg tools
I like Inka because it is easy and quick. Your session report is so true because you can be doing better (or worse) than you think. Good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.