Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J L
United States
Penn Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up this game from the last Tangathon. I am definitely not regretting it, although it may be hard to get my wife to play it.

I'm a computer scientist and I love math not mention board games. When I read about this game I was like, "Math and strategy! What's not to love."

Both times I've played it has only been two player.

1st Game---
I had no idea of strategy or tactics so I just kind of "winged it" the first couple of turns. It is a real easy game to pick up, the rules are relatively simple.

Started out by purchasing a stock that matched up with a "Bull Card" in my hand and sold some tech stock. No reason just wanted to make up for my lost moneys.

At the end of the first year no stocks took too big of a leap but my wife made technology bottom out. I had a few but was able to get out of it.

I went first at the beginning of the second year and decided it would be good to sell my stock in oil because it would be considerable profit. This would also allow me to buy shares of retail which I knew would be going up.

So the second year was concentrated on oil and retail. played many a bull card on retail while my wife got more into oil and some retail.

My wife made some good plays during this year as well. She made me pay fees on some of my stock and canceled out one of my bull cards. It wasn't enough but it was good none the less.

At the end of the year, retail was maxed out although there was still a lot of stock in the market.

Last year was kind of slow. There wasn't a lot of buying or selling. We both just kind of held onto our stock to wait to sell it at the end.

I won 80 something to 60 something. Had I not bought the quantity of stock I did she would have won. This is sort of correlated in the second game too where I won because I bought more stock.

Game 3---
We had a good knack for everything now so this went relatively quick. I had an idea for strategy now. I figured going first is most important so I'd have to make use of news cards and/or fee cards.

In the first year Technology was up. So much so that I think it was close to maxed out. I had bought my stock low so I was going to make a good profit. Second year I fooled my wife a bit. I knew Retail was going to soar and tech was not. So I bought 1 retail and 1 oil and played a tech dividend card. In this I was hoping she would hold onto here tech stock. It worked! I got to sell 2 tech next turn. This put me a little behind in retail but it was a good profit.

We each picked up some oil, dumped all of our tech stock and picked up a fair amount of retail.

Third year I got rid of all my retail stock. Played a few bear market cards. Oil was going to be the big winner this year. I didn't get in on the bottom floor but managed to get a majority of it. With oil bought out and the other stocks not performing well there wasn't much to do. But during that turn, 3 dividend cards were out for oil which picked me up 28 moneys.

I won 130 something to 110 something. We both did better! My wife has mixed feelings about it because she's not a big fan of numbers but like how fun and quick it plays.

I told here next time we play we'll each talk our strategy out loud so we can get a better understanding of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.