Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mackie
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird party game basically about depleting your hand, frequently involving some silly pronouncement, animal noise, etc., on each card play. The silliness ramps up when Quao kicks in. Quao receives another rule known only to them (and to the player who eventually inherits the job in the next round), and they may apply this rule at their discretion to force other players to pick up cards. Players are then left to guess the secret rule(s) and avoid violating them to stay in the game.
Example: I had a BullyQ played on me that required I say “that will be your mum calling, ____” (or similar) any time a phone rang. Richard, knowing one of Pat’s secret Quao rules, buzzed Brian’s phone on the quiet, requiring me to announce that Brian’s mum was calling. Pat then imposed a penalty on me, which I eventually surmised must have been about saying someone else’s name out loud… The harder one to pick was the necessity to say “It’s good to be Quao”, any time a card was played on you.

Yes, funny stuff indeed. shake Far funnier, though, for the players on the knowing side of the Quao rules. We broke more rules by playing with seven people (1 more than the written limit), and by the time the last round rolled up, only 3 starting cards each - by this stage I think everyone had seen enough. I quan only see this getting played again on a special oquasion and in the presence of excessive volumes of alquohol.
11 mins rules and set up; 39 mins game time.
Results: Brad won. Jeff, Paul, Brian, Alex, Richard and Pat also present, with the latter three getting one turn each as Quao.

(Originally posted in The Mine Shaft Gap.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.