Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Romero
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife bought this game a few days ago. We tried it first this past weekend and found that it seemed pretty random. We also noticed that the lottery aspect seemed very odd because the lottery winner numbers seemed to be very concentrated in our set - so for any of our games, it seemed that there were only about 4 or 5 numbers that would come up during the game for the Lottery winner.

So today we thought we'd try it again. It was just the two of us - we have yet to try this with our neighbors (our regular gaming group, such as it is). We'll likely give this at least one try with 4 players before we give up on it.

Today, we started off and I got "213" for my first lottery ticket and my wife got 217.

We played a few rounds. My wife missed a couple questions and I got my first few questions right. About 10 questions into the game, my lottery number came up and I got about $1,500 from the lottery pool. Yikes. That put me way far ahead at this point.

My wife and I both figured that would likely mean I would win again.

Well, we kept going and I had just made it into the $100 minimum bid ring when 213 came up again in the Lottery winner! I netted another thousand or so dollars and my wife had kept going in the other direction.

Then, just to add insult to injury, she missed her fifth question, which means that she had to pay $500 and miss a turn - which left her with about $150 and so, on my turn, she couldn't make the ante and also pay a minimum bid, so she lost.

So far, our experience has been pretty negative. We decided to shuffle the cards (which we have never had to do with a game like this before) so that next time we play (assuming we do get in another game with this), we could hope that we don't have such significant clustering of lottery winners.

The general concept seems interesting, but the net doesn't seem to work well, even as a "mindless" party game, if only because it's very frastrating to lose when you can't control things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.