Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the rules posted at the company site, this looks like a fun expansion! I do wish they had proofread their rules better (maybe they will go over them better for the printed version).

I noticed something confusing about the "clip" special item. It says to take back two Bang! cards and discard two bullet cards, should that say to discard two "Click!" cards instead?

Does anyone else think that the Shaolin Monk and Geisha are a bit too powerful? Using shaolin every round means you always get a cut (just don't die). The geisha being only a 1x power may be OK, but still seems powerful if you have many people pointing at you.

Also, should the super kiai cards have some kind of cash value if unused (like super powers from the base set)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
SiskNY wrote:

I noticed something confusing about the "clip" special item. It says to take back two Bang! cards and discard two bullet cards, should that say to discard two "Click!" cards instead?

No...you can discard a Bang! card if you want. All Bang! and Click! cards are generically referred to as "Bullet" cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Doguet
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
No...you can discard a Bang! card if you want. All Bang! and Click! cards are generically referred to as "Bullet" cards.

Thanks for standing-up, my friend, but I'm afraid it's a mistake. My mistake really...blush

You're right about the meaning of "Bullet" card, but the french, german and dutch rules clearly say "Clic!".

@ Steve : The Shaolin doesn't prevent the wound : It allows you to take part in the split, but 3 wounds and you're dead like everybody else.

The Geisha will sure save you once, but just once.

And as for super powers, only "Super Coward" and "6 feet Under" have cash value by the end of the game.

Sorry again about the mistranslation.

Have fun.

Nico
____
Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calm Fluffy Bunnies
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicolas Doguet wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:

And as for super powers, only "Super Coward" and "6 feet Under" have cash value by the end of the game.

I believe Steve was referring to special abilities like Dragon Skin which have a 10,000$ bonus if you have them at the end of the game unused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Doguet
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grayskale wrote:
I believe Steve was referring to special abilities like Dragon Skin which have a 10,000$ bonus if you have them at the end of the game unused.

Well... I'm confused... I can't find the rule saying that the Dragon Skin (Super Power #4 on the basic game, right?) is worth something if unused by the end of the game anywhere (on my french rule and on what may be an early version of the english rule).

But it may well be an adjustment made on the second printing of the game in order to balance the powers. I vaguely remember something about modifications between reprints (or may be foreign editions, in this case), but I can't be sure. I'm just guessing, right now, but I can check it up on monday.

[EDIT]
That's it. I just had confirmation with Thomas Provoost. The $10K value of the Dragon Skin is a balance adjustment made on the second edition of the game.
[/EDIT]

All this to say, not all powers have a "cash value", but some adjustments can be made if some powers seems too weak or too powerfull despite the intensive testing.

Have fun.

Nico
____
Never believe generalizations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.