Thumb up
2 Posts

Car Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Optional Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael T
msg tools
Like the folks who did the reviewing, I thought this game was enjoyable.

The lack of any real strategy and the "pick on the weak" aspect kept it from being a good replayable game.

Here are my ideas for additional rules:
- When attacked, you may spin without the SPIN card, but it causes two points of damage to your tires. You are still vulnerable to the SKID INTO THE WALL card. You cannot do this if your tires are blown. (It takes four damage to the tires to spin the damage to the opposite side of the car)
- When attacked, you may swerve without the SWERVE card but it causes five points of damage to your times. You are still vulnerable to the SKID INTO THE WALL card. You cannot do this if your tires are blown.
- If you discard all six cards (and do not unjam your machine gun) you may perform an emergency repair. You may move one damage card (along with any armor that was played on it at the time of the hit) from one side of the car to any other. You may NOT move damage to or from your tires.

What I was looking for here was a way to let you distribute damage around the car more. In our games, once one side of a player's car was hit for six or more damage, nobody would shoot him anywhere else. That meant there was no point for that player to have armor for any other side.

Also, after the first couple rounds, nobody was shooting at anyone's tires. It wasn't worth the 2-3 shots it would take to knock them out. But if the player self inflicted five or six points on their own tires, it would be worth a missile or machine gun to take them out.

I would also like some "Robo Rally" like options so that each car is different, but I haven't thought those through yet.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
I like the SPIN and SWERVE idea.. but I'm not so sure about the emergency repair... The maneuvering options give a good strategy option.. but in an Auto Duel there really isn't time to fix anything.. the unjamming of the machine gun basically seems to simulate banging on the damn thing with your fist... I think you first two additions to the game will work without the emergency repair rule..

Thanks for these rules, I'll go try 'em out!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.