Subject: Which edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Z
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I havenot clear in my mind which edition should I look for. WHat is the one with the coloured meeples, trees and benches, with a normal box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Which edition?
LuZa (#50148),

O Zoo Le Mio is in a box with the meeples and benches. Zoosim is in the tube. O Zoo Le Mio is the one that should be in the stores now - O Zoo Le Mio is the one I bought and the one I think you are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Z
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks Brian,
so the O Zoole Mio version has the different coloured meeples?
What do you think of the game itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Squires
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested. What's the difference between the Zoch/Rio Grande (O Zoo) and Cwali (Zoosim) editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Squires
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modboy (#66581),

Dear modboy,
One significant difference I see is that the Zoosim version used black meeples for all of the park visitors and park benches. The Rio Grande version has different coloured meeples for the visitors (5 different colours to match the 5 different animal types) and it has park bench pieces. Overall, it must be must simple to figure out majorities, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Z
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
modboy (#69064),
sorry for the delay in responding.
Exactly, the colored meeples make the game A LOT easier to figure. Furthermore the box is square and little, so easier to put on a shelf instead of the awful tube of Zoosim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I like the Tin version. It looks special!

2 ways to solve the meeple colour problem:

1) Paint the meeples yourself.
2) Plunder meeples from some other game (Carcassone and Global Powers comes to mind!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
Hey, I like the Tin version. It looks special!

2 ways to solve the meeple colour problem:

1) Paint the meeples yourself.
2) Plunder meeples from some other game (Carcassone and Global Powers comes to mind!)

3) Do as I did and wrap short lengths of yarn around them. I suppose now I'll have to post a picture...

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So where are the pictures of your yarn clad meeples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a couple of photos, but they got rejected! The reasoning: they were fuzzy. Well of course they're fuzzy -- have you ever seen yarn look unfuzzy?? I'll resubmit them again -- maybe they'll get approved by a moderator with some insight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the picture! Great idea! Looks better than my poorly painted meeples...

I think we can be friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonja wrote:
So which edition is supposedly "better"?

Since both versions play exactly the same, the determination of which edition is "better" comes down to personal preferences and aesthetics. The O Zoo Le Mio edition contains the colored pieces that greatly aid the visual management of the game, and its box is conforms to boardgaming norms of being rectilinear (as opposed to ZooSim's cylinder). But I've never been crazy about this edition's name; I prefer ZooSim, which is a more direct and less silly name. I like my ZooSim edition, and feel that my yarn-clad meeples not only solve the visual problems but also make the game somewhat charming. YMMV

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Oliver
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as if the older ZooSim does not contain park benches to indicate closed areas, but instead uses meeples laid flat to indicate a bench? The newer O Zoo le Mio includes wooden park benches, which I personally prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad Oliver wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as if the older ZooSim does not contain park benches to indicate closed areas, but instead uses meeples laid flat to indicate a bench? The newer O Zoo le Mio includes wooden park benches, which I personally prefer.

You are correct, there are no benches in ZooSim. Perhaps we're a bit strange, but we don't mind placing a "dead meeple" whenever we form a loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.