$10.00
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join the long line of folks who have provided ideas for game storage and gameroom display. Since I don't have the room that I can call a "gameroom," my game storage shares space with my home office.

As soon as we moved in, we took down the sliding closet doors and installed shelves that spanned the length of the closet. I purchased pre-painted white shelves from Lowe's, which were about $17.00 per shelf. The brackets that hold the shelves to the wall were another $20. After several months, some of the shelves don't look straight.

My wife took some of my visually-interesting older games (either duplicates or games that were missing pieces) and made quite a nice wall display. She took the pieces to Axis & Allies and vintage Clue and put them in shadowbox frames (less than $10.00 per frame, probably cheapest at Ikea). The pieces can be easily removed from each frame if needed (although I don't anticipate needing to). Frames and boards are attached with wire drywall hangers, which only leave a small hole in the wall.

She also used the drywall hangers to hang my Cribbage and Go boards, with space for future purchases . Both boards can be easily slid out from the hangers for easy access.

For a long time I've been trying to find a solution for hanging my Crokinole board, which is smooth in the back with no clear place to hook it. We found some big hooks used for curtains, which work really well. They are called "curtain pull-backs," and I'm sure they are available at places like Linens 'n Things. We also hung the old carrom board using the same "technology."

My card games and game accessories are stored in plastic shelves, which are about $25 at almost any Walmart, Target, wherever. Yes, that's Barrel of Monkeys. You don't see me judging you on your games.

Unfortunately, I don't have have room to actually play the games where they are stored. I do live in sunny California though, so the outdoor "gameroom" is the way to go most of the year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Carpenter
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second gameroom i have seen today with boardgames used as wall decorations. I think it's cool, but is there a trend i am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Cabrera
Mexico
Mexico
D.F.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great collection, I hope mine gets as great (not big... great!) as yours, I've been gathering games I know my game group would like, most of them are Euro players but I try to keep my AT collection with as much games as I can, sometimes I can squeeze a game of TI into the lives of my Eurogamer friends...

This is my... let's say "game storage" for lack of better words. I call it "Monument to my OCD":

Extra points if you know what game is the one on top of San Juan!

And yes... that is Java still in shrink... I'm saving it for rainy days devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mbmb
Nice collection!

lestat2099 wrote:

And I believe that the game on top of San Juan is:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Great Dalmuti

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lestat2099 wrote:

I'll guess The Great Dalmuti.

That Java in shrink is very nice. I have a copy but it's missing two tiles. It doesn't keep me from playing the game, but it definitely gives me the irrits.

edit: Badweasel beat me to my guess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
Australia
Ashburton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is amazing. Alot of great ideas! I think I might steal a few of them. You need an official carrom board to truly pimp that room though, those pockets on that one make me cringe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greatsage wrote:
You need an official carrom board to truly pimp that room though, those pockets on that one make me cringe.

Out of curiosity I checked the box the board came in, and it was made by Carrom (assuming the ebay vendor didn't do a bate-and-switch on my wife with the packaging!). Maybe it was a bottom-of-the-line model. I couldn't find a date, but I believe it's from the 1940's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Deligiannidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mb
It must be The Great Dalmuti!!

I have it too! Great Collection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb

Ummm, I think I need to go to Hobby Lobby now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wanting to frame some Carcassonne tiles, just cause they make a pretty map, but I want to pick up a cheap copy in trade somewhere, rather than use my copy, or spend $20+ to get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
I've been wanting to frame some Carcassonne tiles, just cause they make a pretty map, but I want to pick up a cheap copy in trade somewhere, rather than use my copy, or spend $20+ to get one.

I've thought about using the tiles from Rivers, Roads, and Rails for an interesting display on the wall. I'll never play that game, but it does keep the kids occupied when they come over. Tough call...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a really nice game room, so is the game playing area outside! You gotta love that California weather!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Room, The wall mounted games look great, and nice deck! (I think i have that same bird feeder) I think outside gaming might even make my wife a game night regular.

Do you have issues stacking boxes like that? I have found it bows the box tops of the bottom games if you are not extremely careful.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game closet and love the way you mounted the Crokinole board on the wall. But, putting a dead cat on your desk is just sick! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:
Nice Room, The wall mounted games look great, and nice deck! (I think i have that same bird feeder) I think outside gaming might even make my wife a game night regular.

Do you have issues stacking boxes like that? I have found it bows the box tops of the bottom games if you are not extremely careful.

-M

I try to put heavier games under light games when I can. Actually, larger game boxes like Daytona 500 do get a little dented, but the vast majority of game boxes are still in great shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hotrodqt wrote:
But, putting a dead cat on your desk is just sick! shake

It's stuffed. I use it to keep my laptop from getting dusty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.