Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game and ordered the expansion from the USA. Cost me a few bob for postage etc. but it was worth it.

Now, as age creeps up, the mental faculties are not quite as razor sharp as they once were, so please indulge me:

I have looked at the counter sheet and have no problems figuring out the new units for the Bulge scenario in the excellent new full-colour rule book.

What, however, are the new darker coloured artillery (without a movement factor and with a blank backside) and the two "half" units of infantry and armoured cavalry for? I don't see them mentioned anywhere and I am sure I got everything I was supposed to get. I realise I could just substitute the "half" units so they absorb step losses easier but, I want to be sure in case they have a whole subset of rules just like the Peiper Alternative. There are also counters for fords, but nowhere are they mentioned in the rules.

I received a rule book, three scenario cards and the counter set.

Am I missing something?

The kind assistance of any DBW players would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim O'Neill
Est. 1949
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look at mine when I get home, but I noticed you mentioned that you got "a rulebook". Its sounds like you might not have received the Expansion Edition rules of Play. Did you get both booklets in the picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleitus the Black wrote:
I'll look at mine when I get home, but I noticed you mentioned that you got "a rulebook". Its sounds like you might not have received the Expansion Edition rules of Play. Did you get both booklets in the picture?

From the looks of it, I received the "Expansion Edition" rules of play which is a coloured upgrade of the original, but nowhere does it mention any of the issues I have addressed in the original post. For example, where is the rule for fords?

Regards and thanks for your prompt reply,

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erp, you're right. I just got home and checked in the box. The rules with the red stripe are the color ones, there are no others that came in the expansion.

I don't know what the darker units are for, I've never used them. Something interesting is that they are duplicates of units already in the game (for example, the 404th artillery regiment of the XII division has a standard 'light' counter and a dark version with no movement factor). Seems like there must be some rules for when these units are unable to move (or possibly, to fire, since the back is blank rather than showing a 'fired' side).

I very quickly skimmed the rules and didn't see any reference to them, or regarding the fords.

I know Randy Heller is on BGG and responds to questions about DBW. I recommend cross posting your question to the main DBW page. I too look forward to the answer...and I'll read the scenario cards when I get a bit of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1953258#1953258

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.