Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander E. Stevens
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once wrote a fellow across the pond who supplies Shogi Variant Sets. Naturally, they're a little expensive, but the rarity and the small nature of his operation more than justify that.

I can't find my exact envelope to verify the address, but a search on the internet seems to imply that it is the following;

G F Hodges
PO Box 77
Bromley
Kent
BR1 2WT
England

Phone:+44-181-468 7050

You can send him a letter asking for a catalogue of shogi products. Keep in mind this was also some years ago, so I'm not even certain if he still does this.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stanley
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
number will have changed from 181 to 208 around 2002 when London numbers were changed.

George hand makes these sets from his own hand made moulds. They are very durable and the Tori Shogi is one of my favourites.

Assuming George is still in production or holds stock then I would advise on picking up any tranditional (pre-19th century) Shogi variants from him while you can as George was near retirement age last time I spoke with him a number of years ago and he is the only person I know of who produces the major shogi variants (outside of Shogi and Chu Shogi which still have a good following to produce commercially).

I can't recommend his service and production highly enough - a real gent.

Latest details I have were:

George Hodges
PO Box 77,
Bromley,
Kent BR1 2WT,
UK
george.hodges@talk21.com
+44-(0)20-8466-6564
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.