United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmb
ellephai wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:
Making the chits Euro games, AT games, card games, dice games, etc.

And then the board can be different size gaming shelves.

You can buy an extra shelf if you need room. If you don't put a game on the shelf you can put it on the gaming table, but watch out if it's on the table some might walk off with it and put it on their shelf.

I like this (also liked the museum/triptych idea). The reproduction can come in here because some of the games in each category will be specially marked ones that, when combined, give you an idea for a new variant or game design. Think about how often we try to describe new games as "known game A meets known game B." If you put both Pictionary and Charades on your party game shelf/enclosure, they will spawn a copy of Cranium. Or you could just look at it as the latest discount deal from your game vendor--buy A and B and they throw in C for free!

If you think of the whole thing as a game night, the vending stalls could represent snackage. There are only three different games on the Ameritrash table in your game room, but people are still gravitating to that table because it has pizza, so you get to score those games.

I was trying to think of the offspring part of it and thought something along these lines.

But, I also had the thought that you know when you start buying a bunch of games eventually they seems to create games on their own. At least I keep trying to use that excuse as to why I have so many games (no not to many).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumb up my stuff.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
can't we just change the animals to pokemon?
or mythical animals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
CJ Winter wrote:
[q="starspangledgirl"] 1) I really like the game Zooloretto; unfortunately I think zoos are morally wrong

2) (please don't debate me on this here - that's not what this post is about) q]

1) Why?
2) Why not?

If you're going to begin a thread with such a bold statement, it seems a sin to leave it hanging (and personally, I'd like to know why you feel it's "unfortuante" that you find zoos... errr "morally wrong"??)

If you actually bear the courage of your convictions, you ought to be prepared to duke it out when the opportunity presents.
Please, feel free to send me a PM should you be so inclined - I'll respect your wish of not wanting to discuss it on this thread, but I would like to hear your side of this debate.
The RSP forum is an ideal venue for public discussions of such topics.
It's denizens need regular feeding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you look at it as you are Noah and start with 2 animals and are repopulating the earth? spin it positively. heck you could do that with minimum theme changes to the game!

How about bugs? everyone likes a good bug game.

starting a housing edition? each "cage" could be a culdesac. human, alien, a burrow?

A school with classrooms.

mutation where each area grows a head and eyes or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.