austin bowen
United States
New York
flag msg tools
What to do first is put 2 to 3 rubber bands on the gun. Once thats done make sure you fill the gun to the brim with the discs. Once you shoot a disc fill it again. The gun will work really well if you always have it full. It doesn't allow the discs to go bouncing out the top and get all jammed in the gun. I hope this helps out. The gun could be your best friend if this information is followed.ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found placing the disks upside down makes the Gatling gun shoot more consistent.
I will try your suggestion in my next game, to see if it improves the weapon further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
austin bowen
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I Hope it works for you. I found once I did this the gun was blasting things apart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Meyer
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
I would suggest not to overband the Gatling Gun. Yes, it will shoot harder with more bands, however you will risk breaking the plastic tab the rubber bands are wrapped around. These are very similar in construction to the Submarine firing mechanism on Torpedo Run!, which were notorious for breaking like this.

The plastic tab is a bit beefier in this game, but when I had 3 doubled up rubber bands on it, it was extremely hard to rotate the firing wheel, and it really slams the plastic tab hard against the gun itself every shot.

I now use only a single doubled-up rubber band. It fires about 2 feet, but with our rules it's best to use action points to maneuver the weapon closer to the enemy camp if you can. Even when it shoots hard it's still not that great of a weapon as I find the shots come out crooked and it misfires too much with more rubber bands on it. Easily the worst weapon in the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.