United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Steam GERMANY map Errors, Warfrog reprint edition ONLY

Berlin should be a Black city and accept Black goods. Berlin is colored brown in the Warfrog map.

Lyon, Paris, Antwerpen, Rotterdam, Kopenhagen, Warschau are Foreign Terminals and should be colored Green. They are brown in the Warfrog map.

A white circle joining the Essen/Dortmund hex with the Dusseldorf/Koln hex is missing. This circle is for placing a Track Ownership marker.

Those people owning the original Winsome maps have no problem, these are correct! Since 15 were returned at Spiel for the Warfrog map, only 45 original Winsome Germany maps exist on the planet.

John Bohrer
Winsome Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hair
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Lancashire
flag msg tools
Re:Age of Steam GERMANY map Errors, Warfrog reprint edition ONLY
John Bohrer (#62052),
It should be pointed out that although John is correct, none of the above make the map unplayeable.
Berlin is gray insted of black because the printer clould not 'do' a black hex. The outlying citys are not green becuase it made it hard to distinguish them from the playing board.
The only real error is the missing white dot, and that is a minor concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mhair (#63176),

Did you just write that the printer can't print Black?

YeHah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Girling
Scotland
Glasgow
East Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another small gripe

You get a new scoring track that now goes from 0 to 49 (rather than 47) so it's easier calculating when someone manages to score over 49.

However, what happened to the Player order track on the same sheet, just below the locomotive track. It's disappeared.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DominoDave (#64224),

Yeah, the 0-49 Income track that came with the original Winsome Age of Steam game and the original Winsome AoS Germany/Western US expansion was to be included in the Warfrog reprint, but Warfrog forgot the Player Order track when they re-did it. What do you want, excellent bits (Warfrog) or laminated perfection (Winsome)?

Hey, I hear that Struggle of Empires has no errors, perhaps future Warfrog stuff will also be error free. Please remember that Warfrog is tiny and under-resourced, the only firm smaller is Winsome.

John
Winsome Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Vriese
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created a Turn Order track in A4 paper format on a blank page so you can run the new Scoring sheet through your printer and add the missing Turn Order track to the sheet in the right spot.

I have submitted this file in PDF format to the 'Geek but Aldie must be busy as he has not approved and posted it yet.

Drop me a line if you can't wait for it to show up on the 'Geek and I can email it to you.

Doei!

PS. I have used it on my Scoring sheet, but I strongly recommend you try it on a blank sheet of paper before you run your Scoring sheet through. Just to make absolutely sure that you orient the Scoring sheet correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Age of Steam GERMANY map Errors, Warfrog reprint edition
Also, please ignore the little arrows in some of the cities on the Warfrog reprint map.

cry

John
Pittsburgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For an excellent list of AoS expansions see Cortex Bombs exhuastive list
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/5009

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BusinessIsGood
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Age of Steam GERMANY map Errors, Warfrog reprint edition
I wish that I has seen this posting last week. With this information we will give the Germany map another try. The Western US map was enjoyed by all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.