Star Wars: Battle for Endor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the Imperial Bunker Complex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaud GONGUET
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hi,

There's something I don't understand about the Imperial Bunker Box: Some Security Troopers are placed there at the begining of the game, so it's not empty. But I can't find any paragraph in the rulebook explaining how those troopers can move out...

Next problem then, it's explained in section 10.2 that the complex must be "unoccupied by Imperial units" so that the rebel heroes can attempt to destroy it. Moreover Imperial trrops will try to get in! How to fire at imperial troopers in the bunker then (as the bunker complex is not an hex nor a macrohex...)?

I think I've missed something obvious, but I can't figure out what...

If someone can help. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Otto
msg tools
I haven't played it in a while but the way I remember it, Imperial Forces never move out of the bunker. They are there to guard it. If there were able to leave, it wouldn't be until the bunker door track showed open, even then it wouldn't make sense for the Imperials to leave it unguarded.

You can only destroy the bunker once you've killed all the Security Troopers and any other Imperial Forces inside the bunker. As I recall, you are allowed to move into the bunker and then battle the guys inside. I'll have to check the rules, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud GONGUET
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thank you for your help.

Ok, the Security Troopers can't move out of the Bunker Complex Box, that makes sense. But i can't find a rule explaining how to fire at them in the bunker (it should be a specific rule as the bunker box is not an hex). I think that's because the rule is implicit, and as english is not my mother tongue, I'm still missing something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Frid
Sweden
Kävlinge
Skåne
flag msg tools
200 gg...
badge
down the drain!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've played this, I've entered the bunker with my heroes, ewoks and whatnots to duke it out with the guys inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
consider the bunker complex as a single macrohex, any occupants are thus considered as being in the same macrohex for range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.