Weapons of Mass Destruction» Forums » Variants

Subject: Any suggestions for combining with Nuclear War? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Jorstad

Wisconsin
msg tools
mb
I just got this game off eBay and am trying to combine it with Nuclear War. I was wondering if anyone who has already combined them has any suggestions about how to do so.

So far I have a 120 card deck, with 23% missiles, 28% warheads, 12% 50/50 cards, 12% propoganda, 17% secrets, 3% specials, and 5% anti-missiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmb
There is a suggested % distribution on the Flying Buffalo web site.

I've combined it without any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the website:

COMBINING WMD with NUCLEAR WAR or ESCALATION or PROLIFERATION

First of course, when you fire a missile, you can't "turn over the next card" to see how many additional people are killed from fallout or whatever, since most of the cards won't have numbers. Use the spinner from Nuclear War if you have it, or use the "Nuclear Misfunction Die" from NE or NP, following the rules from those games. If using the spinner, and you play the Suicide Bomber card, double yield means your enemy loses 2 million, triple yield he loses 3 million, and bomb shelters, dud warhead, or runs out of fuel means your enemy loses none. If you are using just the Misfunction die with no spinner, a "one" means your enemy didn't lose any people. Two through six, add one and that's how many he loses. If you play the "Sudden Wind Change" card with the spinner, dud warhead or bomber runs out of fuel means no losses, but "bomb shelters" means he loses 2 million. If you are using the die, whatever number you roll is how many he loses, but if you roll a 1, add one and roll again, with a maximum loss of 10.

ANTI MISSILES

The Anti Missile Lasers shoot down any missile or bomber. This includes Stealth Bombers, Cruise missiles, Space shuttles being used as bombers, and Delta Clippers.

The EKV Anti Missile shoots down any missile except the Saturn. This includes cruise missiles and MX missiles. It does not shoot down bombers or the space shuttle or delta clipper.

Anti missile A shoots down a Trident.
Anti Missile B shoots down the Trident, Coyote, and B58.
Anti Missile S shoots down anything at all except a Stealth Bomber or a Cruise Missile.

POPULATION

If you are combining two or more games, it may be difficult for anyone to survive the carnage. So we recommend that you use at least two population decks, and deal out the following numbers of population cards:
2 players=20. 3 players=15. 4 players=12. 5 players=10. 6 players=9. 7 players=8. 8 or more players=7. (I have played a game with 48 players. If anyone participates in a game bigger than that, please let me know!)
You can buy an extra population deck here: (Note, this is the population deck that comes in the WMD game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.