Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Gan
Philippines
Quezon City
NCR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, my name's Gerald, and I'd like to invite all of you to the opening of Game Crab Boardgame Cafe (target date is middle of April), located at the 2nd floor of FBR Building, Loyola Heights, Katipunan, Quezon City (above Yellow Cab -- across Ateneo).

Game Crab is patterned from the likes of Mind Cafe, Settlers, etc., from Germany, Korea, Japan and Singapore. We carry boardgames like World of Warcraft, Cashflow, Descent, Cranium, Zertz, Settlers of Catan, Quiddler, Scrabble and MORE (as we continually try to update our boardgame base with the latest, craziest, zaniest, queerest, rarest and best games)! We try to ensure that we are able to cater to young adults, families, casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike!

We'll also be hosting monthly tournaments and weekly night of champions. And we'll be serving great tasting yet affordable meals as well! So please come visit us as we look to further expand the horizons of boardgaming here in the Philippines!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiyfe wrote:
Hi, my name's Gerald, and I'd like to invite all of you to the opening of Game Crab Boardgame Cafe (target date is middle of April), located at the 2nd floor of FBR Building, Loyola Heights, Katipunan, Quezon City (above Yellow Cab -- across Ateneo).

Game Crab is patterned from the likes of Mind Cafe, Settlers, etc., from Germany, Korea, Japan and Singapore. We carry boardgames like World of Warcraft, Cashflow, Descent, Cranium, Zertz, Settlers of Catan, Quiddler, Scrabble and MORE (as we continually try to update our boardgame base with the latest, craziest, zaniest, queerest, rarest and best games)! We try to ensure that we are able to cater to young adults, families, casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike!

We'll also be hosting monthly tournaments and weekly night of champions. And we'll be serving great tasting yet affordable meals as well! So please come visit us as we look to further expand the horizons of boardgaming here in the Philippines!

How has GameCrab been working out? I'll be visiting Manila soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEZARD Michael
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be on vacation in Philippines in February. I would be happy to play in the Game Crab Cafe!
See you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Schaub
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Crab: Best Name Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ gomez
United States
North Arlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans on opening one in Jersey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hu Rosario
Philippines
San Juan
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st BGame cafe in the Philippines.
I've been away from the Philippines from 1995-2005,
so was kinda dismayed that there wasn't any BG cafes when I returned that time.
cry
Just wanna confirm w/ ppl (who knows) here if Game Crab is the FIRST ever BG cafe that existed in the country (or Manila for that matter).

Much obliged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like gamecrab did not make it and may be closed.

There are a lot more cafes now. Ludo and Puzzles may be some of the better ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jr. Cukingnan
Philippines
flag msg tools
Duck + Hat = Duck Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Gamecrab closed long ago. IIRC Raiyfe mentioned something about not wanting to renew his lease as the building he was in wanted him to transfer to another floor, despite paying for the area's renovations (I suppose you can just ask him directly). And yes, Gamecrab was technically the first boardgame cafe in the Philippines. There's a lot that have sprung up as of late though.

Puzzles
The Fort Strip 28th Street Corner, 5th Ave, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila

Ludo
Sct. Torillo St, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
and
No. 38 Jupiter St. Corner Planet St., Barangay Bel-Air Makati

Firesword
Unit 201 Square Building Examiner corner Times, Times, Quezon City, 1104 Metro Manila

Burger Company
1103 Sct. Reyes St, Diliman, Quezon City, 1103 Metro Manila

Laro
59A Regalado Ave, West Fairview, Quezon City, 1118 Metro Manila

House of Geek

24 Matalino St, Diliman, Quezon City, 1100 Metro Manila

The Appraisery
61 - 62a Cubao Expo, General Romulo Avenue, Cubao, Metro Manila

Dice n Dyne
Unit #3 Rosemarie Elements building Pasig Blvd Pasig City, (across SeaOil), Pasig, Metro Manila

Makati B&B
2/F Pamana Building, 926 Arnaiz corner Makati Ave., San Lorenzo Village, Makati

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.