Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrection time!

This post in my blog:

http://johnnylingster.blogspot.com/2012/11/spreading-my-wing...

has the original Map, in all it's glory for Wings Of War(Glory)

I am in the process of attempting to make some new ones for WWI Air Combat....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Peluffo
United States
Elizabeth
New Jersey
flag msg tools
History Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
What in God's sweet name?!?!?! OUTSTANDING!!!!! MAGNIFICENT!!!!!! SUPERB!!!!!..........A STUPENDOUS JOB!!!!!!! Have mercy i am FLABBERGASTED........(sorry about the caps, but i wanted to show my emotions through the screen)...If you were here id hug you and squeeze you...If possible Stalingrad ruins would be nice as well or urban scenery....But if you cant it dosent matter...I am already pleased beyond belief not only with the work but with the free offering, none of which i deserve. All Praise be to the map man. Hip Hip.............
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to remember, that taking a map from satillite images has its issues. most notibally... it's 100 years after WWI. I was doing some mapping, making a great coastal map of England, when during my struggles, I notices High Voltage Lines running right through the area I had selected....

http://johnnylingster.blogspot.com/

(It's the latest post that I have that info on)

If anyone can point me to a spot of the world that is perfect for a WWI landscape, toss itt o me, I'll see what I can do. Also, it doesn't have to be France, England, or Germany. I've had success with other areas of the world, as did Domjan Svilkovic. Just take a look at his map of Croatia. Even the swiss fields looks awesome with the river running between...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Potts
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
lingster wrote:
You have to remember, that taking a map from satillite images has its issues. most notibally... it's 100 years after WWI. I was doing some mapping, making a great coastal map of England, when during my struggles, I notices High Voltage Lines running right through the area I had selected....

Adobe were giving away a free copy of Photoshop CS2. Either that, or some other photo editing software could remove the powerlines.

Off the top of my head, it'd be the touch-up / repair tool, it looks like a little sticky plaster. Would take a little work but wouldn't be too painful to do and with a bit of care, wouldn't be noticeable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still looking for a good Pacific island/coastal/lots of water image if anyone has one. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick van Gompel
Netherlands
Borkel en Schaft
flag msg tools
I don't want to interfere, but there is a easy way to get big scale images from Google maps yourself.
I use the program called 'Terra Incognita' and it's for free.

How does it work?
1 Download the program, unzip and start.
2 Zoom to your desired location.
3 In the menu click 'Selection' then 'Rectangle selection'
4 Select the area you want by clicking and dragging your mouse on the map.
5 Zoom in to your desired level of detail (or click 'Zoom' and then the detail you want).
6 Save your image file by clicking 'File' , 'Save map' and then 'ArcView map'.

You will then have 3 files: a .jpg image file, a .jgw coordinate file and a .prj project file. If you only want to print the image, you can just use the jpg-file and forget about the other two.

A note: If you select a big area and a high level of detail, your images will get really huge. So you might want to start with a small selection or less detail (=less zoom in).
Another note: be aware that using Google images (and other maps likely too) without proper attribution is illegal. See:
http://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malphas Z
Germany
Lüneburg
flag msg tools
Hi,

Sorry for the necromancy but the megaupload link does not work either (d'ah!)

Does someone still have the files with the hexes somewhere?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I still have it. Contact me and I'll send you what you need.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Penner
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ozludo,

I was wondering if this file is still available as the link is now dead.
Thanks.

John

Ozludo wrote:
bluefr wrote:
Sorry to up this years later,
but the http://student.fizika.org/ website doesn't respond anymore.

I couldn't find these files (in the wings of war download section for example where i really think they should be, these maps looks great for that kind of game)

My question:
has anybody still got these maps ? and could they re-upload them somewhere ?

Follow this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D73ZRRBN

Wait 45 seconds (you are meant to read the advertising, but that's what tabbed browsers are for), and then you can download the file as a .zip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.