Brian Preston
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to setup our first 5-6 C&K game. I'd like to do it with seafarers as well, if we can find a good scenario. The basic C&K instructions has notes on how to combine it with seafarers, it suggests not using scenarios with lots of island or unexplored areas, leaving the scenarios New Shores, Cross the Desert, and Greater Catan. The 5-6 expansion of Seafarers doesn't have New Shores, so that leaves Desert Crossing and Greater Catan.

I think we're going to try a team variant as well, for 2 reasons: 1) one of the players hasn't played either expansion before, and 2) we're trying to even things out, we don't want someone stuck in a badly losing position for a long game, not having fun. The team variants suggest victory at 30pts/team, which is between the victory conditions of Desert Crossing and Greater Catan.

We've never tried it, but I don't like the look of the Desert Crossing, it just doesn't look interesting. I'd like a scenario like New Shores for 5-6 players. I'm wondering if it's out there somewhere on one of the online playing systems.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess people don't really pay attention to the expansion message boards. Frankly, dunno why I set mail notifications for C&K 5/6 extension. Still don't know how to play C&K.

I've 'replied' for the post on the Settlers board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.