Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Helge Großmann
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After our first play yesterday (2 players) something came to my mind: since the player with the lowest tent number starts the "choose an action"-phase isn't he (theoretically) able to collect all the quests? In the 2player game there's only one "Tableround"-card so in this situation the other player would have no chance to get some quests for himself.

If I got the rules right there's no quest limit (please correct me if I'm wrong), so to prevent the mentioned above situation a quest limit rule could be added. What would be a reasonable number? Max. 3 quests at a time?

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter R.
Italy
Bozen
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Hoarding Quests?
Dr.Feelgood (#67531),
I don't think it would be right to limit the number of quests a player can hoard. Because otherwise he might end up with only useless quests.
Still when he just goes for Quests, the other player theoretically could go for Tournaments and Justice earning him in the meantime 4 VP each round. After only 7 rounds the game would be over, when the other still hasn't taken all of the available Quests at Camelot! The point is: One who is Taken all the Quests doesn't get to take any Exercises, the other can easily win the game.
So I personally see no need to limit the number of Quests someone can hold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Großmann
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Peter The Rat wrote:
Dr.Feelgood (#67531),
I don't think it would be right to limit the number of quests a player can hoard. Because otherwise he might end up with only useless quests.

True, true, I haven't thought about that.

Still when he just goes for Quests, the other player theoretically could go for Tournaments and Justice earning him in the meantime 4 VP each round. After only 7 rounds the game would be over, when the other still hasn't taken all of the available Quests at Camelot! The point is: One who is Taken all the Quests doesn't get to take any Exercises, the other can easily win the game.
So I personally see no need to limit the number of Quests someone can hold!

But since players choose their action cards alternately the hoarding player also is able to take at least 1 Tournament card or maybe even the Justice card. And he still could do some exercise in order to win the tournament or get a book for the Justice card.

Maybe I should try this in some test rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McMillan
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr.Feelgood (#67657),

I second your notion that having only one "Tableround" card in a three player game creates a serious chokepoint. Let us know if you can make this strategy work. Overall, this strikes me as a challenging, tightly balanced game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.