Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the expansion to this fun kids' game.

The English ruiles translation doesn't seem to be clear on how to move Cheesy. It says one action to move him over any "field," but the picture shows it takes 2 moves to get to some cheese. In that picture, Cheesy moves over 3 diff roof spaces - the revealed one he's on (hole in front of him), the hidden roof next door, and the revealed roof with the cheese on.

If you allow him to move over any full roof area at cost of one action - however many spaces he moves - then that's three roof areas = 3 actions.

Or are there some fields that don't count as a move?

One reading is that hidden roofs are free to move on and revealed ones cost one action per roof area.

Anyone else got any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm missing something, the original German rules don't really explain it any better. In the list of Cheesy's abilities, it says he can jump over fields for free while running. Essentially I guess he only spends action points during movement when he actually "lands" on an unoccupied space or walks across a roof tile. So in the rules example, he's jumping over the hole, using one action point to cross the roof tile, then jumping over the field tiles in the next room 'til he lands on the cheese tile, spending another action point for a total of two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how I read it... Cheesy moves from room-room/roof-roof/room-roof for one move. He can move from any "field" (space?) in a room to any space in an adjacent room OR to an adjacent roof.

Cheesy is, in short, evil personified unless you control him.ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.