Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
This week's podcast - Nations the Dice Game and Neptun
mbmbmbmbmb
Im Auftrag des Königs with Greg

Next up was the new Adlung tiny-box card game about the Arthurian Legends. Like other games from them, this one sets out an elaborate spread, creating, for all intents and purposes, a boardgame. With a circle of possible places to visit, coupled with a number of action choices each round, this one has some excellent tactical mechanics that we just grazed the surface on in this first game.

Each round players take turns choosing from actions that include collecting objects (swords, lances, skills against dragons, books), obtaining quests, entering tournaments, or riding out from Camelot to fulfill quests or get educated in a monastery. The limiting factor is that each of these can only be taken by one player each round (3 in 3-4 player games, 4 in our 2-player game). The first player to earn 25 points in a 2-player game wins. the points are earned through quests, tournaments, and learning.

Greg took the tourney/learning route while I attempted to fulfill quests. Unfortunately, the number of items needed to fulfill a quest means that I needed to collect items over a few rounds, allowing Greg to zoom ahead for a bit. That, coupled with his snaking of dragons when I needed them hurt my chances. I kept it close, but he won with 25 points to my 22.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.