Subject: An ENGAGING game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: fun [+] Session [+] [View All]
Zoe
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a tale of sorrow, Joy, tears, and Love.

It all began with a sad and dejected man staring at me with big sorrowful eyes. He was demanding a rematch since he had been so badly beaten. My heart went out to him as we re-set the game board. I was giddy at the thought of a win and excited to play again. You see, I have a special love for Pirates. I like to talk like them and say Rrrrr, at random moments.

A few cards into the second game I pulled an unfamiliar card! I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe! My boyfriend kept asking me what was so funny and to read the card out loud.
It said:

NEW GAME
Yar late for doodie! Report to the Poop Deck immediately!
With a picture of a toilet at the bottom!

I could not believe my eyes! Laughing with me my boyfriend encouraged me to go ahead and do what the card says. Reluctantly I found my way to the "Poop Deck". There, I found a Pirate hat with an old crumpled note. It was brown in color and burnt around the edges just like parchment paper. It looked like an old treasure map. I began to read it aloud.

Shiver me timbers! Put on your hat and go grab your shovel. Ya can't dig without a shovel.Git to the tool shed out back!

Well Gosh, this was exciting! My wonderfully imaginative man was having some fun with me! I put on my pirate hat like I was told and found my way to the shovel. Attached to it was another scrolled up old message.

Ya got yar tool, but shiver me timbers, ya can't dig without a map! go to 72 degrees and make it 73.

Knowing that he meant the thermostat I went and recovered the map! I unfolded it very carefully. It looked warn with age it even had a holes in it! It told me:

YARRRR! Ya found the map. Now follow it to the bay and yar treasure awaits! It's yar window to the world!

In his house is a great bay window. Sitting in the window is a clay treasure chest that he had made in art class as a child. I opened it carefully and found another message. (this one had blood spilt on it!!!)

You scurvy Dawg! You waited to long! Now turn around and walk the plank!

I was filled with curiosity, fear, and excitement. I turned around to see him standing there with a small dark treasure chest. He reached out and placed it in my hands. I knelt down to the ground and opened it. It was filled with all kinds of coins! I was very confused! That was fun and adventurous I thought, but is there more to it I wondered. All the sudden, I realized there was a false bottom to the treasure chest! I quickly scooped out all the coins to find One last message:

Where your heart is there your treasure will be also. Matthew 6:21

My eyes filled up with tears as I lifted that message to see THE MOST BEAUTIFUL diamond ring I have EVER seen! I finally realized what this was all about!

My man grabbed me in his arms and told me of his love for me and asked me to marry him! My heart was overjoyed and my eyes were filled with tears as I said yes!

I will never look at my Pirates Cove game the same! This was truly one ENGAGING game!
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just a gaming couple, a pirate gaming couple. My wife and I pray for a long an happy life gaming together for your 2.

May you always enjoy the game of life together!

As reported at the BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendal wrote:
Not just a gaming couple, a pirate gaming couple. My wife and I pray for a long an happy life gaming together for your 2.

May you always enjoy the game of life together!

As reported at the BGG.

Many thanks!

And since it was an extra card of Pirate's Cove, perhaps I should include it here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh what a wonderful, wonderful story.

You will be telling that to your grandchildren (although they may be more interested in the poop deck part)

Congratulations to you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colt, you have all my respect...

I wish the best for both of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I have to admit to a small disappointment that it wasn't Arkham Horror that was the game used for the "moment"...but given how easy it is to overlook phase here and there it is probably for the best

Best of love and laughter to you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ozjesting wrote:
I have to admit to a small disappointment that it wasn't Arkham Horror that was the game used for the "moment"

LOL.

I wanted something light and fun with the engagement and the "treasure" theme fit better with Pirate's Cove.

The Arkham theme is better served for the actual marriage part...as everyone keeps telling me I am INSANE for wanting to get married. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Robinson
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
200th Anniversary of the War of 1812
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done and congrats to both of you. After 31 years of marriage I am happy to say that I am sane, well almost.
P.S. insanity to get from your kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Brian and Zoe!

A great story... much better than proposing on the big screen at a Colts game.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
A great story... much better than proposing on the big screen at a Colts game.

That was Plan B but they were taking too long to build the new stadium!

But at her request, the ring has sapphires offsetting the diamonds - but no horseshoe! So I got a gamer and a Colts fan all in one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
So I got a gamer and a Colts fan all in one!

Just as well...I would hate to think you had to replay that moment in Diner! But maybe that was just a Baltimore thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats you two. arrrh My wife and I challenge you to a game of Tichu, but you have to travel down here to Indy to play it. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats ...may God bless you all your life ! My wifes likes to play M44 and Carcassonne...Pirate's Cove is on my list too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awsome, well done, truely geeky in a good way i had a similar valanite day but you trumped it here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... reading your session report literally brought a tear to my eye.

Congratulations Zoe.. and kudos to you Brian for such a stylish proposal.

May God richly bless you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Morley
United States
Rainier
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great story and please accept my best wishes. The game of marriage is great as long as all players abide by the rules. Does anyone know if there's been any recent errata or a living rules posted yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stratagems wrote:
Does anyone know if there's been any recent errata or a living rules posted yet?

I don't think so. There are too many editions and they are all heavily language-dependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My sincere congratulations guys!

Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I'm extremely happy for you both.

Thanks for sharing the story. I especially enjoyed the last message; that was a very nice touch.

God bless both of you, and your marriage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denise d
United States
Spring (N. Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How Awesome... made me cry, but in a good, "I sure needed that" kinda way...

Hope Life Is Good!!

denise
Surviving breast cancer...
http://TeamDenise.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colt ...my latest congrats...I would like to know what you gonna do if you decided to use Memoir instead heheh..

God bless you both...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Stratagems wrote:
Does anyone know if there's been any recent errata or a living rules posted yet?

I don't think so. There are too many editions and they are all heavily language-dependent.

Usually with different house rules wherever it is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.