Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Borden
United States
Somerset
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played this one with a wide range of opponents. It’s great as an excitable family game or as a chaotic, nonsensical filler. Last night I used it as a light opener with 2 non-gamers. Here’s the recap from our 2 games played in about 20 minutes.

I took my typical green, Pam quickly scooped out the pink mice, leaving Katie with the most difficult decision of the game…to play blue or yellow? Since it was her first time playing, I decided to give her a little advice to move the game along. I told her that yellow was the color of cheese, and mice really like cheese. She took the yellow pieces and I quickly went through the rules. We did a couple of practice rounds, and then went into game one as the smack talking began.

Katie got off to an early lead, getting 2 mice to my 1 in on the first spin. Several spins later, Katie got her third before Pam could get her first or I could get my second. Desperate to stay in it, I knew I had to change tactics. I went with the blind mouse technique, turning each of my pieces face down before the next round. They were immediately more effective at bumping the yellow pieces out of the way, but no better at reaching their elusive home than their sighted brethren. I gave them a bit of a pep talk, urging them to use the force. It took a couple of rounds, but it seemed to work as I scored a second, and then third time in back to back rounds. Pam was struggling through game one, but managed to send her first mouse home the round before I snuck in my last. Victory was mine in what will be known in this session report as one of the greatest come backs of that 5 minute span.

Game 2 was played much more aggressively, several turns saw mouse pieces fly from the table. Pam found her mouse flicking groove, but it wasn’t enough to stop Katie and I from quickly reaching the 3 mouse mark. After several turns of playing more defensively to keep the yellow mice out, I got a lucky chance to slide the only remaining mouse left to squeak in for the victory again. The final score was my 4, to Katie’s 3, with Pam happily scoring 2. Not wanting to embarrass my guest any longer, we moved on to another game.

As usual, it was well received for what it is…a quick and fun game that shouldn’t be taken seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.