Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just listened to the OnBoardGame episode Pirate #1, by Donald Dennis, in which he reviews this game. After this I read the rules, and now I'm confused

The review said that, if you don't take any tricks, you don't participate in the next round, so at most you skip every other round. But in the rules it says that "you're out of the game till next time". The rules also say "the captain shuffles the entire deck and deals cards to each player who won at least one battle in the previous round".

Does this last part mean to deal cards to each player who won a battle and is still in the game? Or does 'skipping a round' automatically mean you skip the rest of the rounds, because you can't win battles if you are not playing?

Is "till next time" skip one round, or till next game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In one place the game rules say "until next time" which is pretty vague and I took it to mean skip one battle. But in the Rounds After the First Round section it is pretty clear that players who don't get any tricks on one battle of a round are out for the rest of that round and come back in to play only for the next whole round, and do not rejoin for future battles in the same round.

I like the skip a battle idea better than miss the rest of the round, but I need to play it again to find out which way actually plays better. In many cases, with our small group, it wouldn't have made any difference. However with a larger play group it would have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Sass
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the vagueness of "until next time." Players who fail to take a trick are out of the game. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.