Emanuele Ornella
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually do not make reviews of games.
But time to time I like to talk of small gems that are not well known.
This 2 player game from Bruno and Serge is really a great game in my opinion. It has all the characteristics a game should have: it's strategic, it's re-playable,it's easy to learn, it's fun and it's fast (well this is one good point for me maybe not for everybody).

The game turn is so easy: you place a pawn in a triangle Tile, then place a new triangle Tile in the Pyramid and replenish your hand to 3 tiles. That's all... The nice part is about the special abilities you are going to trigger when you place a pawn on a tile.
These are about: rotate a room or a corridor, swap two pawns, move one pawn, double the "power" of the pawn. Some tiles have special VPs stuff, like the amphora gives you 5 VPs, the cursed sign removes all points in a network, the Anhk symbol gives you special points due to the number of symbols you own...
At the end points are counted mainly for who has the majority in each network. These points are doubled if the network is secret (has no access to the extern to the pyramid).

There is a lot of strategy here. You have to place carefully your pawns because you need to choose the most valuable abilities, and the most valuable networks.. Often you can contrast your opponent rounding a tile, or swapping a pawn, or adding a cursed tile or a amphora of another color (in this case the network is worthless).

And all condensed in 20-30 minutes! Outstanding!

It's true that components are not so good, but I saw worst things out there... And if the game is so good, who cares?

One of my best 2 player game, and probably one of my best game of the year until now!

Recommended,
Emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks Emanuele - this game went largely under so far, so I hope you'll help get it noticed!

I knew you liked it - I already posted here of you playing it with Marcel in Etourvy ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to concur with Emanuele : this is indeed a superb and very nice 2P game. I'm only afraid that the Anks have too much power...
But indeed, many tiny options available and many techniques which unfold when playing the game, the components are shoddy (the tiles seem to be laminated) but the game definitely is worth it... thanks Bruno for this game!

/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.