Hide
2 Posts

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Very Hungry Caterpillar Game Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Milley
msg tools
Does anyone actually know the rules to this game? I bought this at a yardsale for my son and could not even determine from the box how to setup the game, and the goal of the play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mbmbmbmbmb
cmilley2000 wrote:
Does anyone actually know the rules to this game? I bought this at a yardsale for my son and could not even determine from the box how to setup the game, and the goal of the play.

Heh...I read this at work where they filter out all the images. I'm talking about a 'different' Very Hungry Caterpillar game, not this one.

Sorry about the confusion.

Dave

My sons have this game and this is how it goes:

Shuffle the cards and deal each player 5 cards. Each player also gets a 'caterpillar' card to place in front of them. These do nothing. Nothing. I think they're just there to let everyone know that you're still a caterpillar.

Place the shuffled deck in the middle and reveal the top card.

The youngest player goes first.

They must play a card that is the next day of the one showing. So, if you revealed a 'Tuesday' card, they must play a 'Wednesday' card.

If they do not have the appropriate card, they can play a 'Sunday' card, which is wild. They must then lay another card to start another round. For example. There is a 'Tuesday' up. Player 1 has no 'Wednesday' cards, but they do have a 'Friday' and a 'Sunday'. They would then play the 'Sunday' card, followed by the 'Friday' card. Player 2 would then need to play a 'Saturday' card or a Sunday card again.

If the player does not have the next card in the series, or a Sunday card, they draw one card. They may play the card if it is a legal play, otherwise, the turn passes.

Saturdays are a little different. There are several different Saturday cards, each with a different food on it. You can play Saturday cards on top of other Saturday cards as long as the food shown has not been already played on this Saturday.

There are Butterfly cards in the deck. Each player may only draw 1 of these. If you already have one, and draw another, you must place the 2nd one back into the draw pile, reshuffle, and draw again.

You can only play the Butterfly card as the last card in your hand. That is, you must 'go out' using the Butterfly card.

First person to play their Butterfly card with no cards left in their hand is the winner.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I should be able to work through them with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.