Subject: Im Auftrag des Konigs better than Saga? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ralf gutzeit
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
Let's hope, for all concerned, that Im Auftrag des Konigs is better than Kramers' Saga. I found Saga to be a pretty dull gaming experience that I hope I never have to revisit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
This week's podcast - Nations the Dice Game and Neptun
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Im Auftrag des Konigs better than Saga?
db3000 (#72305),
I would agree that ALL of the small-box games that came out from Uberplay in the US leave something to be desired. Saga's the 'best' of the lot, but that's not necessarily saying much. It seems to just plod along with little tension. Thankfully, Uberplay has redeemed itself with some of its other releases - Hansa for one.

Im Auftrag, on the other hand, scales well and has been an enjoyable addition to the shelf. Coupled with its SMALL size, I see it getting packed along with Die Fugger and Vom Kap bis Kairo for trips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralf gutzeit
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
Re:Im Auftrag des Konigs better than Saga?
dwgteach (#72453), Thanks for the response. It's interesting that you also mentioned Die Fugger. I was thinking about placing an order for both Die Fugger and Auftrag des Konigs. I want two smaller, inexpensive card type games that are accessible. They seem to fit the bill. Saga was a disapointment and had little spark/novelty. Finally, I agree with you in regards to Hansa; it's a quality product that's pretty accessible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.