Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why try to remember to score after every round? Don't bother with intermediate scoring. The winner is the same with or with out intermediate scoring! And with the fixed income variant which prevents runaway leaders you have a game that sticks to its fun roots! (original game design was with scoring only at the end)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's true that the winner of the 5th round almost always wins the game, perhaps the 1x-2x-3x-4x-5x progression is too steep. It could be changed to 1x-1x-2x-2x-3x. I like the per-round scoring, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the 7 score sheets I still have 6 out of 7 would end in a tie if you only scored at the end of the game. The person who won was involved in those ties, but the earlier scoring makes for a good tie breaker.

I think the intermediate scoring makes the game more interesting, and it's not much of a hassle at all.

Also of note: 5 of the 6 ties were at 40 points each, one was at 45--pretty consistent!

I also play with Fixed Income--it's the only way to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.