Brett Christensen
United States
Dickinson
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard! You should probably wash your hands.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, some good ones in there. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The official address of the site is www.iggamecenter.com ( igGameCenter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Greene
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the site and played two games of Hex with Arty, the creator of the site. He is extremely nice!!

The site is great and has fantastic functionality. I emphatically recommend the site, and emphatically praise its wonderful and very gracious owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blush *blush*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout

Thanks Sonja. Just played a couple of games of Traffic Lights. Can't claim to be any good however
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Evil's Advocate
Canada
Greater Vancouver area
BC, Canuckistan
flag msg tools
mb
David Greene wrote:
I went to the site and played two games of Hex with Arty, the creator of the site. He is extremely nice!!

The site is great and has fantastic functionality. I emphatically recommend the site, and emphatically praise its wonderful and very gracious owner.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had the same experience. Arty's great.

I wonder if he let me win my first game of "Transposition" though because I thought it was a piece of cake (until the 2nd game where I got smoked :-D

Nice site Arty!

Go check it out guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Korneliussen
Norway
flag msg tools
Yeah, there's no site like it!

Looking at the stats, I see that Hex is very popular. I wonder why that is? I mean, it totally deserves it, but it's not that many people who've heard of it, and on iggamecenter it's one out of fifty...

I have a theory that it used to be on the games page of one of the search engine portals way back, and then they dropped it, and then some people miss it and go searching it out.

But the less played games are interesting, too: I met a Turkish guy called salmosal who played Dama. He handed me a king as his first move, and proceeded to win anyway blush

I hope they all find their audiences!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
webvader wrote:
I wonder if he let me win my first game of "Transposition"

Nope The game was fair. I just haven't played "Transposition" for a while and forgot how to play it (not that I was an experienced player ).

Quote:
Nice site Arty!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vintermann wrote:
Yeah, there's no site like it!

Looking at the stats, I see that Hex is very popular. I wonder why that is? I mean, it totally deserves it, but it's not that many people who've heard of it, and on iggamecenter it's one out of fifty...

I have a theory that it used to be on the games page of one of the search engine portals way back, and then they dropped it, and then some people miss it and go searching it out.

Well, it wasn't one of the fifty when I implemented it - Hex was the 12th game on igGameCenter. I had heard nothing about the Hex till last August. I was just hunting for some interesting games in Wikipedia and discovered an article about Hex. I am really happy that I came across it because it was the reason for the site being noticed by some board game geeks (Nicholas Bentley was among the first ones ). I guess that the beginning affected the continuation. Another thing that helped the Hex to be such a popular game on igGameCenter is the Portuguese Tournament of Mathematical Games that included Hex. The games on igGameCenter are available in Portuguese, so, it was another reason for the Hex being played a lot.
Quote:
But the less played games are interesting, too: I met a Turkish guy called salmosal who played Dama. He handed me a king as his first move, and proceeded to win anyway

He is a really strong Dama player, AFAIK. I lost him two games too, btw.
Not that it was a hard task - I am rather weak Dama player
I better play Suicide Russian Checkers or Bashni
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Do they PLAY like "Monopoly"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I don't know if I would have been able to finish my PhD if the ig game center didn't exist. The coolest game site in the world. The site has 50 games, ranging in quality from awesome to sort of godly. It's got an avalanche of deep, beautiful games that you can't play anywhere else in real time (Amazons, Gonnect, Y, Lines of Action, etc.), a bunch of classics (Go, Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Scrabble-ish game, etc.), and a bunch of lightish abstracts (battleship, stoplights, etc.) for when you want to kill time. I get dizzy with joy when I look at the games list.

Arty also implemented my own game, Mind Ninja, even though it's a very tedious game to implement, and I can't imagine anyone doing a better job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Arty also implemented my own game, Mind Ninja, even though it's a very tedious game to implement, and I can't imagine anyone doing a better job.

It seems to me that the Mind Ninja was the starting point of my crusade into the world of modern abstracts. Well, I implemented the Hex and Connect6 (which are modern too) before the MN but I'd never thought that the world of abstracts is so... mmm.. vast! So, actually, I must thank you for opening my eyes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
For those interested, I'm thinking of running a contest over on iggamecenter. Please see (and comment) here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32395
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.