$10.00
Tina Rihar
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
The only thing is to complain to Admin. But it took forever just to get "Please do NOT submit individual images for every mini or every card in a minis heavy or card heavy game. This is especially true for collectible minis games and CCGs" into the standards. As you see, it's often ignored.

Maybe a little GG will make you feel better.

Thank you.

I forgot to write before that it would be great if all those images got rejected 'cause then I would be almost rich (geekgold rich that is), but still ... the thing that bothers me is that someone pretends to be stupid and just uploads such things. And then I feel bad because I sometimes just make 10 clicks over a video and only listen to half of it on different parts.

I guess I just needed to put it out because I was really sad because of it before. I just needed to know someone knows how I feel.

And I wont complain to admins - it is the choice of geekmoders in the end.

Thanks for reading, you made my day quite a bit better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Double B wrote:

And you just made my day better. I notice someone else tipped you, too, but I tipped 3.14 GG. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Rihar
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Double B wrote:

And you just made my day better. I notice someone else tipped you, too, but I tipped 3.14 GG. cool

I just came back to ask if it was intentional?

Guess so

You're the coolest

(this is the first time I'm happy that I'm a fan of Pi and not of e) ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Double B wrote:

1.00 + 1.00 + 1.00 + 0.05 + 0.05 + 0.02 + 0.02 intentional?

Well, yes, and as irrational as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Rihar
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Double B wrote:

I didn't go and check how you tipped, it just shows the final amount. I didn't even really notice at first, it came after a few seconds when I was already on another page. First came the smile on my lips

And now I hope I'll win something on Games for geekgold loterry thanks to pi (and you of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you click on the coin, you can see the amounts available. (Click on the X to close the window without tipping.) If you go to the "Other Amount with Message" it goes to whole other, slower interface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Shimmpoo Gonzalez
United States
Wernersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This site is wonderful! I love your post, very informative lol. It seems ridiculous, but I love geek mod'ing and am currently in the process of writing a review. I love signing on here and talking with fellow gamers, receiving thumbs, uploading images, etc. It pretty much makes my day...I just wish there were more table top gamers in my general area to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It seems ridiculous, but I love geek mod'ing and am currently in the process of writing a review.

You caught the virus ! Heelp, anybody, she caught the virus...

Have you tried to create a geeklist yet ? ninja

Quote:
I love signing on here and talking with fellow gamers, receiving thumbs, uploading images, etc. It pretty much makes my day...

We all agree with you, that is why BGG got more than 5.000 paying supporters this year (hint, hint laugh)

Quote:
I just wish there were more table top gamers in my general area to play with.

There are probably more than you think, and not all look like geeks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Shimmpoo Gonzalez
United States
Wernersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No geeklist just yet. modest

I'm also not too positive about the last part. I generally hang out in one particular comic book store, they have Tuesday board game nights. It's generally the same crowd as always. I'll have to keep my eyes open I suppose for the non-geek gamers outside the shop, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's generally the same crowd as always.

Where I live, most of the boardgaming is done in private estates, in the evening, away from public eyes.

I also found out, by asking people I met, that my role as a geek is to introduce people to "modern" boardgames and that a lot of people are interested and eager to discover new games but seldom ask let alone talk about this subject spontaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Bradford
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mb
I want to auction $10. I figured out how to create a listing (copied someones) but how do I send someone $10 when they win my auction???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mb
francisjpbradford wrote:
I want to auction $10. I figured out how to create a listing (copied someones) but how do I send someone $10 when they win my auction???

A lot of people use PayPal for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I appreciate the tips in the OP. I've lurked around BGG for a while, and I find it very useful when looking for new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup this is the golden thread of GG... have some
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. Great info. Was going to resort to begging for tips. I need an avatar!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek Fojcik
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good thread for newbs, appreciated meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Vail
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread. While I'm not "new" it is only in the last three months I have become very active. I really enjoy giving back to this great community and finally produced my own file upload after downloading so many great files everyone here created. I really game a lot and I am always snapping pics of my gaming sessions which has certainly come in handy with GG. I got my avatar in just a couple of weeks without really even trying.

Keep up the great work BGG users! It is your knowledge and the welcome environment you foster in these forums that make BGG a great community to be a part of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who want to earn some GG by geek-modding, there is a lot of stuff on VGG Video Game Geek that needs to be approved at the moment. GG earned on VGG can be used on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surmik
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PowerTrader wrote:
For those who want to earn some GG by geek-modding, there is a lot of stuff on VGG Video Game Geek that needs to be approved at the moment. GG earned on VGG can be used on BGG

Thanks for info, I have GeekModed for a while on BGG and did not realize that I could do the same on VGG Still 20GG left to buy an avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Double B wrote:

1+2+2+1 not 1+2+1+1, thus meaning you are out of bullets Miss Scarlet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black gong
China
flag msg tools
hey to all ! i am a new comer !
join the BGG, i am proud ! nice to meet you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally find image uploading to be the most rewarding, and it happens to give a good chunk of GeekGold too. I always try to take pictures of my game sessions since it helps remember the fun later, so uploading a bunch of acceptable images isn't a problem. I guess I'm lucky as well since I enjoy a lot of less popular or current games, so image contributions seem to mean a bit more when they aren't just lost in the shuffle.

I recommend that instead of trying to "farm" or grind towards GeekGold, just indulge in some contribution you enjoy, and before you know it you'll have a bunch of GG for avatars and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest geek gold I earn is from folding.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Folding@Home?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good info, but im still a bit confused. :cry:

its ok though. ill figure it out.

hell...ive been registered since '02, but only started posting now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
good info, but im still a bit confused. cry

its ok though. ill figure it out.

hell...ive been registered since '02, but only started posting now.

You can get help with folding questions in the folding guild, linked to the Wiki. It's pretty much like installing any other piece of software, though you have to use a version that matches your computer. If you have a relatively recent GPU (Graphics Processing Unit, part of a video card), you can get much higher performance than by using your CPU. (If you have a usual Intel Integrated Graphics system, you just use your CPU.) A Summer note: you can throttle the folding down so you don't generate so much heat (and fan noise) in Summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.