Subject: Deluxe Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a deluxe edition for this game coming out this year? I saw it in a geeklist previewing 2008 games, but haven't heard of anything about it since. Could somebody confirm it for me? I really like Hey! That's My Fish! but haven't bought it because of the ugly components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Phalanx Games hoped to have it available for June 2008, so it must be fairly imminent.

Larger tiles, bigger box, and painted model penguins in four different poses.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although the wooden colored penguins are fairly lame, most people I know seem to think the existing tiles look fine. I'd hate to have it in a bigger box with bigger tiles... for me that would just be less convenient for carrying to game meetings and for storing at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to agree with Russ here. The game already takes up a considerable amount of table space as it is. I would hate to see the game get bigger.

PS- Heh, I actually LIKE the colored wooden penguins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game as it is too. The only annoying aspects, if you will, were the set-up time and lack of game board where the pieces might fit. For those of us that suffer from OCD, the misaligned pieces during the course of the game are maddening. So, I enlarged one of the files available here and printed it out a hex map of the tile layout on one sheet at Kinko's which helped quite a bit...and, yes, I also have an acrylic border set to keep Settlers of Catan pieces together. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.” -Bukowski
badge
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
mbmbmbmbmb
Really?!? I'm actually enthralled enough with this little game to consider forking out the money for a deluxe edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind having a "deluxe" edition with e.g. very nice wooden tiles (if someone wanted to give such a thing to me as a nice gift...), but I wouldn't want it in a bigger box. It's already in an unnecessarily large box, which is a discourager for me when I am packing games to go to a games meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mb
russ wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a "deluxe" edition with e.g. very nice wooden tiles

How soon everyone forgets the first edition of this game:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the penguins in Pingvinas more. I find both the penguins and hexes in Hey! That's My Fish! very hideous, and am strongly hoping that the Deluxe Edition will have better components.

I really wish the components (specifically the hexes)) will look as good as those in Ice Flow. If the Deluxe Edition doesn't look good, I've hatched a diabolical plot to use Ice Flow components to play H!TMF! Polar bears > penguins devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Polar bears > penguins devil

Only by weight - not cuteness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like htmf and would be interested in a deluxe edition. I think you all worrying about box size worry to much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eightbit wrote:
I think you all worrying about box size worry to much.

I think you probably don't walk with your games in a carrying bag to meetings, and probably have more shelf space than I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Braun
Germany
Konstanz
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the Deluxe Version will be out in September with beautyfull miniatures and a better box size..

have a look at:

http://www.cliquenabend.de/index.php?page=artikel&artikel=es...

Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh those penguins look fancy. Very cheeky. And it looks like they have tails that are large enough so that they won't fall over too easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the 3D look of them no doubt, but for a Deluxe edition? I was expecting something maybe a little fancier. Perhaps the ice floes and box will be better though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the link! I'm happy with the penguins. Now I pray for Ice Flow-like ice floes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin S
Poland
Warszawa
EU
flag msg tools
M s b S
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Deluxe Edition" was released in Poland a few weeks ago (in fact, this is the only Polish edition of this game).
Here's a photo of the game:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kusmaul
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love HTMF, I even gave it as a gift a few times and have heard no one complain about the pieces. Now I wouldn't mind the deluxe, then I can give the version I have as a Hand me down for my three year old to use without supervision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.K. Bentley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe it or not, I prefer the current edition. I like the wooden penquins. I like them better than the ones in the deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bran mcmillin
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hitting the US in Nov:http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/13152.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing it -
what's "deluxe" about the deluxe edition?

All the penguins are uncute, whether wood or plastic.
Did they really determine that the only upgrade for this game was making "cool" plastic penguins with a different pose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rest was already deluxe from the beginning. Yo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Although the wooden colored penguins are fairly lame,

Lame?

Are you nuts, man? Those penguieeples are great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gilby wrote:
Those penguieeples are great!

Or "peeples" for short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mint car
United States
New York
flag msg tools
how much is the "deluxe" version going to be? the regular is $20 right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.