Subject: Good start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

as a former Fantasy Table Top player I´m thinking over starting Victory at Sea. I´m not su much experienced in War Games (hope this is called a "War Game") and I´m wondering if the rules would´nt be to tough. To explain my thoughts, I own a "World in Flames" which really pushed me over my limits fast.

Can this system be used by a War Game rookie and what fleets/units are good for a beginner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
New England Patriots
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php
mbmb
Good place to start wargaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur, you shouldn't have any problems getting started with this system.

There aren't any particular units/fleets that a beginner should focus on, I'd say, with this one caveat: obviously, aircraft and subs add a level of complexity to the game, so I'd start with some of the smaller surface-only scenarios. Hood vs. Bismark would be an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I was thinking about two smaller fleets for the start, like:

1 light crusiser, 3 desstroyer and some Torpedoboats for th start. (I´m already thinking about buying miniatures):laugh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Piazza31 wrote:
Well I was thinking about two smaller fleets for the start, like:

1 light crusiser, 3 desstroyer and some Torpedoboats for th start. (I´m already thinking about buying miniatures)laugh

Have you considered using the War at Sea minis? Prepainted and maybe only a little off in scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm.. no.. only found blank Minis... where can I get prepainted?

I won´t mind painting my Miniatures though I´m a tabletop veteran, but due lack of time I would give prepainted miniatures a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.