ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is re-theme of ZiMP as suggested in this thread

Now available as a PDF in the files section

Rules changes-
Cowering
Cowering only heals 2 health, unless at Airducts or Mess Hall where it heals 3 as previously.
Time Passes
Time starts at 2000 hours and finishes at midnight, there are 4 hours in the game.
Winning the Game
You win the game by-
- Finding the colonists in Command
- Causing the reactor in the Atmospheric Processor to meltdown in the Reactor Coolant location
- Evacuating with the Dropship.
Dropship
When a Dev card shows "Signal Dropship for evac" for your time, you may draw the next Dev card, looking for the location shown on the new Dev card. The Dropship has landed in this location, you have until midnight to reach it. Reaching the Dropship before completing the first two objectives is a loss, with only completing one objective, a minor victory.
If the specified location has not yet been placed on the map, discard the Dev card and draw another until this is no longer the case.
Alien Queen
When a Dev card shows "Alien Queen" for your time, the Queen appears in your location. She is indestructible and must be run away from. She will move into your square each turn until you reach the Dropship and escape, or die.

Outside tiles-
ZIMP = AIMP
Garage = Landing Grid= Start
Yard = Dorms
Garden = Mess Hall = +1 health if cowering
Patio = Entrance = Transfer to interior areas of the Atmosphere Processor
Graveyard = Command = Resolve a new card to find colonists
Sitting Area = Side Road
Yard = Barren area
Yard = Main Road

Inside tiles-
Foyer = Elevators
Bedroom = Corridor
Dining Room = Stairwell = Transfer to Hadley's hope outside areas
Family Room = Intersection
Bathroom = Bathroom
Evil Temple = Reactor Coolant = Resolve a new card to damage coolant tubes
Storage = Medlab = May draw a new card to find an item
Kitchen = Airducts = +1 health if cowering

Cards-
Item | 2000 | 2100 | 2200 | 2300 | Location

Flamethrower | Something is creeping up on you | Item | 6 Aliens | Signal Dropship for evac | Landing Grid
Flare | You think you hear something | You find some rations +1 health | 4 Aliens | Alien Queen | North Lock
First Aid Kit | Found spare slap-patch +1 health | Item | 4 Aliens | 5 Aliens | Mess Hall
Smartgun | 2 Aliens | Find survivor - may move to Airducts if available | 5 Aliens | Signal Dropship for evac | Entrance
Knife | Slip in nasty goo -1 health | 3 Aliens | Signal Dropship for evac | 5 Aliens | Command
Pistol | Item | 4 Aliens | Game over man! Game over! -1 health | 7 Aliens | Side Road
Pulse Riffle | 3 Aliens | Acid drips on you - loose an arm -2 health and only one weapon can be held | 6 Aliens | Signal Dropship for evac | Barren area
Shotgun | Item | 3 Aliens | Uh..I'm gettin' lot's of movement ... multiple signals ... somethin's movin' and it ain't us! -1 health | Item | Main Road
Spare Ammo | 3 Aliens | Lock does not cycle - discard the next Dev card | Item | 5 Aliens | Landing Grid
Interior:

Exterior:

Dev:

Counters:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re-theme: Aliens in my pocket
This looks great! Is the artwork fully done, or just those tiles so far?

My suggestions, and take them as you will, in order to increase the challenge from the level of ZimP as-we-know-it, would be:

1 - Make cowering +2 health.
2 - In the Air Ducts/Mess Hall, give a +1 health when cowering here, instead of +1 if you end your turn here
3 - Bump a few of the flavor text events, and make'em something...

Feel free to adjust the challenge as you see fit. Coming from the ZimP response, I feel like most people are looking for a slightly harder to win solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 3 I've done so far. I'm reusing parts I'd made for Battlestations modules

From outside to inside is probably deadlier, because time is running out, there are more aliens/zombies - and you will be getting breakthroughs as well. So things to help would be good.

Possibly there could also be a third part of - get out now that you've woken the aliens up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien
Canada
Ste-Therese
QC
flag msg tools
mbmb
How about making the flavor cards into some permanent handicap for the players?

Instead of "Something is creeping up on you", maybe "Something hate your freaking left arm", and then you only have 1 slot for weapons/items.

"You think you hear something" could be "HAL 9000 refuse to open the pressure hatch", making you lose 1 turn

/yes, I should go back to work instead of playing ZimP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutter wrote:
Something ate your freaking left arm", and then you only have 1 slot for weapons/items.

Ooo, I like that.

Gutter wrote:
/yes, I should go back to work instead of playing ZimP.

Naa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy" AKA tiggers
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very cool! I love games with a Sci-fi theme and since ZimP is an excellent game this should work well. Keep going on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent job !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Secret Agent
Sweden
Falun
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep us posted, im a huge alien fan !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now incorporated

I'll rewrite the rulebook as well and make a PDF. I'm thinking of making a paper miniature for your character as well as the counters in the customised version.

I'll redo the outside tiles as well - that's just based off a single render someone has done of a 3D model of the colony.

There is a possible major change to the rules I'm thinking about - a third goal and a third time. Mainly "get the hell out of Dodge" after damaging the reactor. Basically the Dropship appears on a random outside tile and you have to get to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a PDF including the rules changes and all the basic printable parts.

High resolution images are available on my wiki here-

Aliens in my Pocket
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome! Great work! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a play aid based on matildadad's "ZimP tracking card for Items and Time" because it's nifty. I hope they don't mind.
The times probably need to be tracked with a paperclip, rather than putting a counter on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made an alternate version of the indoor tiles.

This set has the exits marked with arrows and the walls better delineated. Hopefully making the game more playable, and not too unatmospheric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I printed this today. I am a big fan of Aliens and bla bla bla... I love this variant.

BUT

In the Flamethrower section of the rules the text say that the player figth with ZOMBIES not with Aliens.

WTF?????

I only see zombies in the Aliens VS Predator of Capcom.

:p

Another thing. You play with ONE marine or a group? Who can you manage to free with a marine the colonists? Who you control the scare colonists? Who you defend the colonists of a horde of Aliens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack - I see that - in the description for "flare" I'll fix it when I get home, where I have the word doc I PDFed. Thanks!

I don't think I mention freeing or controlling the colonists. Just finding the colonists. This game is pretty much following the second movie - the colonists are all dead and can't be saved.

Although feel free to make extra rules for survivors and Newt if you like

I don't think it matters if the player represents a single marine or a group.
I assume a single marine - as colonial marine suffer from the ninja weakness. i.e. one ninja= very effective, a group of ninja = pathetically easy to defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Curufea wrote:
Although feel free to make extra rules

You can bet on it :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.