Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions regarding the rules. Comments please.

Can two '1 lance' virtue cards be used to fulfill a quest for which the task card has a '2 lance' symbol shown, or will only '2 lance' card do? I've played the game assuming they can, but was that right?

The Tournament rules for two participants say the players offer any number of sword or lance virtue cards face down, then simultaneously reveal their cards. The wording doesn't rule out players being able adjust their bid on the basis of the number of cards played by their opponent - i.e., if you see your opponent offering no cards, adjust your bid accordingly. I assume you can't do that, as the fully blind bid is more interesting and more workable, but what was the intended meaning?

The Tournament rules then say that if only one player chooses the tournament action they can play a single virtue card to gain the 2 points. Unlike the rule for two participants, it is not specified that it must be a sword or lance card. My interpretation is that it should be, but is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter R.
Italy
Bozen
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rules queries: Virtue cards
Tycho (#77383),
Hi there!
You are playing it right:

1. You can play any number of virtue cards to fulfill a quest. You can even play a card with the '2 lance' symbol to fulfill a quest that needs only '1 lance'!
2. The bidding is done blindly. Once the tournament is over (both players have bid) the winner is decided!
3. Only 'lance' and 'sword' virtue cards are allowed to use in the tournament!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Favaretto
Italy
Casier
(TV)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[i]Peter The Rat wrote:
1. You can play any number of virtue cards to fulfill a quest. You can even play a card with the '2 lance' symbol to fulfill a quest that needs only '1 lance'!

Are you sure about that? The rules read, "the player may execute the action Queste if (...) possesses the necessary virtue cards." We play that the necessary virtue cards are exactly those pictured on the quest card, so if a 2 valued card is pictured, you must use a 2 valued card.

Any official clarification is welcome.

Ciao
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also play that a card with a '2' symbol can be used to fulfill a quest that needs only '1' symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exilas (#77701),

Hiho,

all the answers Peter has given are correct.

Regards,
Michael Andersch
Adlung Spiele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.