Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On a modem right now. If I'm back home tomorrow I'll probably listen, but then we'll be playing games so I don't know about time. So maybe on Sunday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awakening wrote:
On a modem right now. If I'm back home tomorrow I'll probably listen, but then we'll be playing games so I don't know about time. So maybe on Sunday
The good news is it's short, so it should be a fast download, the great news is Marc sent two songs for me to include!

This episode took less than three hours from start of recording to finish. If I'd had a script and hadn't had to go back and start recording over and over, it would have been much quicker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
The good news is it's short, so it should be a fast download, the great news is Marc sent two songs for me to include!

This episode took less than three hours from start of recording to finish. If I'd had a script and hadn't had to go back and start recording over and over, it would have been much quicker!

I got 100Mb (76Mb down to be exact) broadband at home so I don't really care about file size. On 56kb I'm not downloading anything that is not in a hurry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Marc AWESOME!!

Love those Brobdingnagian Dudes!! I have almost all thier CDs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Isn't Marc AWESOME!!
Yup, and he's quite community minded what with all of his podcasts. He's probably the hardest working guy in renfair/Celtic music marketing.

He got me those music tracks about the time I released the last Pirate podcast. I'm just sorry it took me so long to get this one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good episode.

I'd also like you guys to know that you've been doing a great job lately, and this cast has moved into my top tier of favorite casts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
atomzero wrote:
Good episode.

I'd also like you guys to know that you've been doing a great job lately, and this cast has moved into my top tier of favorite casts.

Thanks Adam! I was hopeful that folks would like the pirate episodes. And if not, they are pretty small, so could be ignored pretty easily.

Would anyone else like the same kind of coverage for a type of game or theme of game? With possible musical accompaniment? I don't know who on the show would be up for it, but if it's medieval or fantasy themed, I have lots of musical resources for that. (But I'm only doing pirate games... until I run out of Pirate games that is.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's another good review Personally I'm not listening to your podcast for the music so I'm just listening a bit before skipping.

Also the music is Irish and not piraty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awakening wrote:
It's another good review Personally I'm not listening to your podcast for the music so I'm just listening a bit before skipping.

Also the music is Irish and not piraty
Nelson's Blood is very nautical, "Nelson's Blood" being another name for rum and which was named for Admiral Nelson. The other one song was a bit Irish instead of pirate, but then the Irish pretty much gave us our nautical music traditions.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind hearing a series like that on the train games. I know very little about most of them.

You could play old songs like "I've Been Working on the Railroad" or "Casey Jones."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
atomzero wrote:
I wouldn't mind hearing a series like that on the train games. I know very little about most of them.

You could play old songs like "I've Been Working on the Railroad" or "Casey Jones."
Hah! That's a great idea. However, as long as it took us to do our train game episode I doubt we would get that done.

It is a the right kind of idea though, and if one of the guys decides to do train games we could always play American hobo music or folk music for each episode. Or maybe Johnny Cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
but then the Irish pretty much gave us our nautical music traditions.

arrrh

Are you saying that pirate music have it's roots in Irish music? If so, how did that happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
...if one of the guys decides to do train games we could always play American hobo music or folk music for each episode. Or maybe Johnny Cash.

Or some Woody Guthrie and other folk musicians...John Henry was a steel-drivin' man...

How about Cowboys or Vikings?

Cowboy/Western would cover many genres:
Bang!
Boomtown
Silverton
Gunslinger
Wyatt Earp
and more...for music, go Marty Robbins, Ernie Ford, or any number of others.

Vikings:
Fire & Axe
Vikings
Odin's Ravens
Beowulf: The Legend
Fjords
Eketorp
and more...You could play Wagner and other as music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally added Loot to the Review geeklist = http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/31198.

Share your thoughts if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.