Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this game is rated lower than Titan: The Arena, and the comments indicate that most prefer Titan's streamlined version.

My question: Will I be able to play Titan with the Galaxy cards... or are the two versions different enough to make this impossible?

Thanks,

Rex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
orangeblood (#78225),

You could play a simplified version of Galaxy, which would be similar to T:tA by ignoring the ship powers and the attacks. Use the Governor's powers, as they are similar to the T:tA backer's powers.

It will not be identical, as the powers are different in the two games.

I have always felt the Galaxy was better, since in Titan, and Grand National Derby before it, That the different High value cards were all the same; what mattered was who held the low value cards. The ship powers changed that. But I will admit, that most people prefer the simpler game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
AllenDoum (#78232),

Thanks, Allen. I've got Galaxy coming in the mail any day now... looking forward to it!

Rex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Johns
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is quite possible to play Titan with Galaxy. You need to nominate each 'World' as a 'Creature' e.g. Cylor = Dragon and use three of the Technology Cards as the Referrees - I have marked one as "Head" and two others.

Because of the extra Technology cards it is not possible To play Galaxy with Titan. If you changed some of the extra Creature cards it could possibly work with Colossal but to my mind it's not worth it.

I much prefer Titan or even the original Grand Nation Derby. Although I know it has it's fans, to my mind Galaxy is a development too far. Game play has been sacrificed for multiplicity of rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.