Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Landes
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a rainy afternoon, so what are we going to do? Play games, of course. I don't remember who suggested playing Sherlock, but it's a game Megan had wanted to play recently – she just always managed to ask five minutes before we were going somewhere.

Not today, though. I was somewhat busy with our two-year-old, so Mom got the honor of being Megan's patsy opponent. As Mom hadn't played before, I explained the rules. I don't know that she was really paying THAT much attention early on, as it's just a kids' game, right?

Personally, I thought Megan was the one not paying attention as I laid out the cards and then flipped them over. Boy, was I fooled.

Before Mom could blink, Megan was up 3-0. I don't think Mom had gotten more than two cards in a row correct, and Megan was using the “start with the new card” strategy. It was obviously working.

At this point, Mom turned to the “guile of the elder” strategy and tried to use the number patterns on the cards to her advantage. There were a couple short loops created, an soon the score was 4-2. The outcome was never really in doubt, though, as Megan remembered the Candle for her last play, sealing the deal at 6-4.

After a big “woohoo” and “Mom, you're the Loser!” from Megan, the excuses were heard from Mom's camp. “hey, it was a close game! 6-4!”

Uh-huh. Mom got schooled, and Megan did the teaching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.