Subject: Latest info from Ragnar Brothers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed and asked Gary about some new information regarding the upcoming version of History of the World that is mentioned on their home page.

I got the following answer:

Quote:
Hi Jonas

I can't give out too many details yet for obvious reasons but we have made
some major changes to HOTW in order to make the game play time shorter but
without removing any enjoyment (in fact I think it's now more enjoyable than
before). We have finished the design work and are now working on the map
board and artwork so that we have a great game that also looks terrific. We
hope to have the game in production later this year and with luck be
available by June 2009 - this might slip if we need more time to get the
look just right.

Hope this whets your appetite?

Regards

Gary

Reference: http://www.ragnarbrothers.co.uk/html/history3.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I love this game and can't wait to see the changes they've made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
mb
Great info... I'm sure many of us would like to see it in less than almost a year from now but it's great news that it's being redesigned and tweaked to make it even better. I look forward to seeing the game once it's available next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Dickinson
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard! You should probably wash your hands.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mothertruckin wrote:
Is this still happening?

On their front page, they still have this listed, so I assume it will be out (hopefully) this year. I just played HotW this weekend and still love it. If they can get a shorter version out that is just as fun, then consider me totally excited!

Ragnar Brothers' website wrote:
It's a game that spans 5000 years of human history and allows players to emulate the great leaders of long gone Empires, or not depending on how well you marshal your forces. Soon to be republished (2009) in a revised form as a ‘Brief History of the World’

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to get an update on "Brief History of the World": anyone in the know? I'm really curious about what's changed. I don't think the length was such a big issue, though any improvement there would be appreciated.

The civ assignments are the best part of the game, so I hope that hasn't changed, or, better, that there's more of that and less of the (often obvious) board play.

I also wonder if they've come up with a quicker/cleaner way of scoring at the end of each player turn, as that's always an annoying time sink, but it's easy to make small mistakes so you can't just rush through.

Anyway, very excited about this, and hopefully someone has some info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 23rd of February Gary Dicken wrote:

We are in the final stages of getting everything right before production starts. We are having a playing piece prepared for us by the same sculptress who did the 'monks' for Monastery.

Unfortunately we won't have the games ready for UK Games Expo but we will definitely launch at Essen in October. I will put more details on our website when the price is finalized etc.

I'm so looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, didn't know they were working in a new version until now, I've been losing so many time on ebay because people are bidding so high making impossible for me to compete them. Now to wait and no more crazy bidding and frustation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.